got my truck tuned

pimp ss

well after owning my truck nfor 4 years i finally got it tuned today by brian sailor at www.sscartuning.com the name of his business is SS CAR TUNING so far it seems great before he did it when my truck shifted to second it would kind of fall on its face now it keeps on pushing i love it we will run it at the track next friday night but i am very pleased so anybody in dfw interested in a tune i would reccomend him he is a very nice guy i cleaned his bad ass supercharged TBSS while he was tuning mine

that aint no shit guys, i put that hypertech on there and it didn't help that much, it did but not as much as i expected, man, i had jimmy voyles tune mine with hptuners and my god what a difference, i have 0% torque management aka need new tc aka will need a rebuilt aka more money will be spent because i have a hard time stopping myself from hitting that little magic button.

yeah he used hp tuners on mine too and i now have 0% torque managment he said it would be bad for a stock transmission but we still have 9,000 miles left on the warranty and he said it would not be a problem to reflash it to go to the dealership it is definitly a different truck than i was driving last night i am very happy thanks again for telling me about him justin

that aint no shit guys, i put that hypertech on there and it didn't help that much, it did but not as much as i expected, man, i had jimmy voyles tune mine with hptuners and my god what a difference, i have 0% torque management aka need new tc aka will need a rebuilt aka more money will be spent because i have a hard time stopping myself from hitting that little magic button.

hey one of the guys from around dfw has a stock motor in his red SSS and is running a 200 shot and 7.90 1/8 mile i have not seen it run yet but the guy who tuned my truck told me about it

wow, that's alot to be running on a stock motor, i've been doing a lot of reading and researching on nitrous for the lq9s, and i've had members here tell me the exact same things, need a bigger fuel pump for over 100 shot, retarded timing, tips with the heads to keep their life, colder plugs, etc..

nitrous might be cheap horsepower but its a helluva cost in the end..

i plan to have a nitrous built motor next summer... running a good projected 300-400 shot

100 shot dropped me half a second but it's been really humid with temps always at 105-112 with my tc messing up

ive got some new track rims and tires on the truck now, got some boss 20" 307's wrapped in 275/45s

is he running dry or wet??

Edited by semoSS (see edit history)

im not sure exactly what he is running im hopefully going to get to see him run next friday night and another buddy of ours whos truck has been in the shop for 3 months having an sts and 408 put in damn i wish i had more money best time ive gotten out of mine with no tune is 9.47 with my 22,s and car seat and everything i dont take anything out to save weight i just run it like i would be on the street ill find out all the details about his nitrous

find out for me bud and let me know what all he has done, would appreciate some info.... knowledge is the key

edit: i know what you mean about the money, that's why i get up around this time of night when i get called out for something that's went down and i charge 100 bucks an hour..

Edited by semoSS (see edit history)

hey one of the guys from around dfw has a stock motor in his red SSS and is running a 200 shot

he won't be running 200 shot for long.......that big of a shot wil grenade a stock motor :nono:

an LQ9 can take 100-125 shot and be okay (as posted by someone a while back, Mr. P.?)

There is a world of difference between handheld programmers and dyno/PCM tuning. I originally had a Hypertech, but it was too mild for my taste. My SSS hauls @ss now with my Wheatley tuned PCM. I only removed 50% of the TM, I don't want to kill my trans too soon. :chevy:

he won't be running 200 shot for long.......that big of a shot wil grenade a stock motor :nono:

an LQ9 can take 100-125 shot and be okay (as posted by someone a while back, Mr. P.?)...

Stock LQ9/LQ4 high-silicone cast pistons will not take that for long; whether sprayed or blown once you get in the 550-hp area the top ring land breaks. This is of course assuming *perfect* tune (no detonation).

Forged pistons, well that's a whole different animal.

Mr. P.

Stock LQ9/LQ4 high-silicone cast pistons will not take that for long; whether sprayed or blown once you get in the 550-hp area the top ring land breaks. This is of course assuming *perfect* tune (no detonation).

Forged pistons, well that's a whole different animal.

Mr. P.

Yep, forged. Gotta have forged.

I'm anxious to see what it'll do with a good tune. I may actually run mine to get a good stock baseline. I want to get tuning software to log and tune myself.

Yep, forged. Gotta have forged.

I'm anxious to see what it'll do with a good tune. I may actually run mine to get a good stock baseline. I want to get tuning software to log and tune myself.

I was thinking of doing the same, reflashing my PCM with the original OS image and running it just for comparison.

HEY PIMP - sounds like we need to get that servo in :thumbs: Start saving $$$ for a shift kit too!

Mr. P. :)