Key FOB range?

FlyinTurbo

Hey all... I have a 03 SSS that I've installed a remote start kit into. It gets hot here in AZ, so if I can start the truck before I get in, I wont burn my hands on the wheel!

I've replaced the battery on my key fob, which, of course, increased the range somewhat. I was hoping to get considerably more range than I currently have. Can anyone give me advice on how to increase the range of the key fob or make the truck more sensitive to the stock key fob?

Yep, thats exactly right. I have the stock 'alarm' with a remote start setup installed. That means I use the stock key fob.

stock fob means stock range. good luck getting any further. its intended to be a keyless entry and customers really dont need tremendous range on a keyless entry system so there is nothing to improve it...

Consider yourself lucky!! thats pretty good. for a few hundred bucks, you can have up to a mile! well worth it IMO!

Funny you should say that. I have often joked that I accidently hit the fob button while I was on the train into NYC and unlocked my truck. I'd NEVER want that kind of range! :)

Well, those new kits are two-way, i.e.: the remote tells you what's going on... Imagine being on a train or bus almost a mile away from the truck and having fob go off telling you the truck's had a window broken or has been moved or someone tried to start it or something, and you're totally helpless...

Forget that, I'm happy with my LOS (line of sight) keyfob...