Insect Problem...

smoke03

The only thing i hate about summer is the bugs on the grill and windsheild of my truck...whats the best way to slow down the buildup of insects and when I wash my truck, whats the best way to clean them off?

(wasnt real sure where to post this, would a moderator move it if in the wrong place)

The best bug remover I've used hands down is Bug-B-Gone (made by same company as Sea Foam). Several here have posted products you spray on before-hand that keep the bugs from sticking between washes but I cannot remember now...

Mr. P.

ps - don't go more than 10-14 days between washes or the bug acid will eat into the paint.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Keeping a good coat of wax on your truck makes bug removal easy when washing.......I also clean that crud off every couple days with some Mother's spray detailer between washes. As far as your windsheild goes, any good name brand window cleaner should do the trick, I use Clear Vue or Invisible Glass :chevy:

I think Prestone makes Bug Wash windshield washer fluid.........

my truck gets washed 1-2 times a week whether it needs it or not! lol

Don't wash the paint off lol :crackup: I wash the ss 1-2 times a month but I don't driver her much. I can't stand cleaning bugs off the front. I've got some new stuff I'll use next time. Hopefully it will work.

Don't wash the paint off lol :crackup: I wash the ss 1-2 times a month but I don't driver her much. I can't stand cleaning bugs off the front. I've got some new stuff I'll use next time. Hopefully it will work.

is this stuff top secret? what is it?

• 2 months later...

ttt i have been using the old fabric softeners from the dryer you know the little sheets

They work great i only use them on the bugs on the front window and bumper/mirrors

just wet them and go at it

i dont know if they remove the wax but i wax the front every 3 washes it dont take long

sorry for bringing up an old post just thought i would share