My 300C SRT8 vs Mercedes McLaren SLR

punkt71

Well I always see this guy driving a brand new Mercedes McLaren SLR by my house, but we never get a chance to talk because we are always leaving from opposite sides of the street (his neighborhood is across from mine) and hes always going the opposite direction. I finally am coming back from Costco (trunk loaded up with shitloads of beer and food for the UFC fight) and I see him... I slow down and hit a light and give him major props for the bad ass ride. He proceeds to gun it off the line and amaze me with how fast that bitch is off the line. I didnt try to keep up, I just was amazed how fast it was.

Anyways, he waves for me to follow him onto the Toll Road by my house where its wide open... we get on the toll road and I have my wife start rolling video on her RAZR cellphone (piece of SHIT) and we are cruising at about 75-80mph and he PUNCHES it.. I immedietely try to keep up and at about 135 or so I let off... he was pulling like a mother.. I have never been smoked that hard in any vehicle I have ever owned... including my SS when it was supercharged.

I was going to remove our voices from the video and throw music in there instead, but instead you get to hear our excitement on getting our asses handed to us.. lol

Heres the vid:

th_slrrace.jpg

haha yeah shes normally not into going fast.. but whenever we see a nice car worth racing and they want to mess around, shes all about racing them...

it was hilarious how fast it was pulling on me, it was pulling so good that the sense of speed felt like we werent even moving and he was taking off.. normally after 100mph the car starts to pull like a madman (i just pulled a new CTS-V on that same stretch a couple weeks back) but when something is killing you that hard it felt like I was in a dumptruck not even trying.. lol

your wife is too funny...

any work done to your srt?

could your blown SS take your 300?

The 300 is stock, only think I am doing is getting the new Predator programmer because they have been showing 25-30hp to the wheels gain on the dyno so far for all the SRT8's

The SS could take the SRT8 from a dead stop until about 65-70 or so, then it would be GONE. From a roll, there is absolutely no way the SS w/ Radix could keep up. On the freeway, the SRT8 would pull the SS like the SLR pulled me in this video, or at least pretty close. The SS was a monster from a dig, but the SRT8 is a beast on the freeway. With a supercharger on the SRT8 I bet I could have given the Mclaren a harder time though...

Nice Run Kris!!! Haha even though it looks like the SRT8 was standing still. Was that on the Toll Roads on the 73 or the 143? After something like that hopefully the mod bug doesnt hit you too bad.

Yeah that was on the 73 heading to Newport.. wasnt planning on going there but the SLR had my attention! haha. Naw, the mod bug isnt going to get me with this car .. its plenty fast for me already.. just a programmer maybe. I didnt care that i got beat by this thing... I think it was badass I got smoked by my dream car! Cant get butt hurt about getting killed by a $400K+ car.. lol. Now if it was a import (except a Supra) or some piece of crap I would be PISSED!!! lol

ya those slr's are so damn fast.. i would expect no less spending half a milllion on a car.. v12 monster

They're a supercharged V-8, nice cars, super uncomfortable seats, but pretty cool never the less. We had a SLR 722 in the shop a few weeeks back, had the whole motor pulled out for a tiny little cut in a coolant line at the back of the motor. I just remember looking at the motor sitting on the stand and thinking to myself "that block of metal costs more than my townhouse".

Awesome. Waste of money in my opinion though. Having that car is just an extention of his short penis. He is compensating by spending close to a half of a mil. Its a status thing. I'll bet he doesn't know how to change his oil :crackup:

Awesome. Waste of money in my opinion though. Having that car is just an extention of his short penis. He is compensating by spending close to a half of a mil. Its a status thing. I'll bet he doesn't know how to change his oil :crackup:

Haha man... If someone has almost a half million for a car, I am sure he could afford to get an extension of his joystick no problem ! The guy looked like he was about 28-29 yrs old too with a good looking girl so I am sure whatever hes doin is working for him :cheers: