I love detailing charcoal metallic GM paint

No before shots this time guys (sorry) you'll just have to take my word for it... it was shitty. 06 'hoe... 17k miles... waxed 2 times since new... not garaged... car wash visitor every couple of weeks. :nono: Weather was good as far as temps but theres a thunderstorm rolling into San Diego and I think the edge was making its way up here b/c I was contending with bad light all day... even rained for a couple of minutes. Did the best I could with the pics, but the sun kept ducking behind the clouds.

Process:

Adams car wash soap, 2 bucket method w/ grit guards, sheep skin mitMisted w/ Adams QD spray, dried w/ white waffle weave MF drying towels

Clayed with Adams purple clay

1 pass w/ DER Tuff Stuff on Green Durafoam pad

1 pass w/ DER Real Stuff on White Durafoam pad

Topped off with 2 coats of DER Shiney applied by hand

Wheels & bumpers polished by hand with REJEX

Adams VRT on all trim

Adams Invisible Undercarriage spray inside fenders

NOT SHOWN -Complete engine and interior detail

image0001-2.jpgimage0002-2.jpgimage0003-2.jpgimage0004-1.jpgAdams Invisible Undercarriage Spray is ****ing phenomenal IMO :worship:image0005.jpgimage0006.jpgimage0007-1.jpgimage0008.jpgimage0009.jpgimage0010.jpgI

more pics coming....

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Thanks man!

I love how a complete DER process really makes the metallic pop on this paint... by far my favorite treatment for this color... I am contemplating adding a layer of Adams MSW or Buttery wax before the Sealer just for some more depth next time I detail this color.

image0011.jpg

image0012.jpg

image0013.jpg

image0014.jpg

image0015.jpg

image0016.jpg

image0017.jpg

image0018.jpg

and this is why the 2 bucket method and grit guards are so damn important... can't wait to get the foam gun I ordered and try it out.

This is the rinse bucket... I stirred it up a little just to show how much junk ends up in your water after washing... GRIT GUARDS FTMFW!!

image0019.jpg

image0020.jpg

Bonus of the day was a dude rollin by with a fairly new 500 benz... stopped and started asking me some detailing questions. He parked and came in the garage... watched a few minutes of me getting the swirls out of the fenders and it blew his mind... decided he needed me to take care of his car!!

*cha-ching*

I'll be doing a full detail of it on the 22nd. :cool:

I love that color and the metal flake after is amazing!! I'm not sure if I've ever seen wheel wells that clean on something that wasn't at a show.

now for the dumb ass question of the night... Grit Guards?????

and this is why the 2 bucket method and grit guards are so damn important... can't wait to get the foam gun I ordered and try it out.

This is the rinse bucket... I stirred it up a little just to show how much junk ends up in your water after washing... GRIT GUARDS FTMFW!!

image0019.jpg

image0020.jpg

Bonus of the day was a dude rollin by with a fairly new 500 benz... stopped and started asking me some detailing questions. He parked and came in the garage... watched a few minutes of me getting the swirls out of the fenders and it blew his mind... decided he needed me to take care of his car!!

*cha-ching*

I'll be doing a full detail of it on the 22nd. :cool:

Grit guards is the red vent type thing to the right in the last pic. you put it at the bottom of the bucket so all the dirt, sand, whatever falls down beneth and you dont pic it back up with your wash mitt, sponge or whatever and you can also scrup you washing item on it to remove anything attached that shouldnt be there. :)

Grit guards is the red vent type thing to the right in the last pic. you put it at the bottom of the bucket so all the dirt, sand, whatever falls down beneth and you dont pic it back up with your wash mitt, sponge or whatever and you can also scrup you washing item on it to remove anything attached that shouldnt be there. :)

Yep... also helpful to use in a washboard type action to get the grit off the mit each time it goes into the bucket and the bottom of it is "finned" which keeps the grit from coming back to the surface via turbulence when you insert your mit into the bucket.

They sell for $10 thru a number of detail places... cheap investment in keeping you paint as swirl free as possible. I use one in each of the 2 buckets for double protection.

As a matter of fact you can get them thru this guy: http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/gritguard.html

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Dylan I think you have a car cleaning fetish. :jester:

naw... I do enjoy it, but I don't do it for free... I have a cash fetish :jester:

Damn dylan you definately have some skills.......I might have to let you work your magic on my truck if I ever get it running. :banghead:

Whats up man!! Long time no see... definitely hit me up whenever you get that thing road worthy again... I've got TONS of experience working on vic red and I've gotten even better at correction since I had my red truck so it'll look awesome if you let me take a crack at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a PM would've been a more effective way to go... but anyways...

Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and we'll talk about it. I need to know mostly what you want done, paint correction, interior cleaning, engine bay, etc.

Also, if you have factory paint.

I'm located in Rancho Cucamonga (91730) where are you located?