Never thought this would happen to me!

eddieo818

Hey, Don't be afraid to rebuild such a badass truck. He'll I doubt they would steal your truck again since it was stolen in a place thats an hour away from you. Just take precautions like I mentioned above and have a good quality alarm on it and while at your house invest in a surveilance system for you driveway and house. They're not expensive at all maybe 500 bucks if that and it would be worth it. Whether you rebuild or get something different I would look into an alarm and survellance system anyways because you don't want it to happen again and just for thoughts maybe have your onstar activated just incase and call everyone you know around you to keep an eye out for your truck if it ever happens again because you might get lucky next time. Good Luck

definetly a quality alarm system! i have a 4 camera set up at home already with speaker and mics in each camera so i could hear what going on at each camera, hey but thanks for the advice i appreciate it! :cheers:

BTW: I just did a google map search of where my truck was found 7403 marbrisa st huntington park, ca,90255, dude there are about 100 wreck yards in the area!! :mad:

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually sorry to hear you got it back... I think it might've been better to never see it again... I hope your insurance covers you for at least some of your loss... I say rebuild it though, ultimately I think it'll be cheaper than starting over on something new... This time though, hardwire a good alarm system with a spare battery (under a locking tonneau maybe?) so that they can't shut the alarm off very easily...

Good luck to you bro, post up some pics when you get a chance, and let us know what you decide to do in the end!!

I'm actually sorry to hear you got it back... I think it might've been better to never see it again... I hope your insurance covers you for at least some of your loss... I say rebuild it though, ultimately I think it'll be cheaper than starting over on something new... This time though, hardwire a good alarm system with a spare battery (under a locking tonneau maybe?) so that they can't shut the alarm off very easily...

Good luck to you bro, post up some pics when you get a chance, and let us know what you decide to do in the end!!

i honestly want to just start all over, i remember saying to myself its either i get it back intact or i dont get back at all because i honestly didnt think i would get it back in 1 whole piece!

I hate to say it, but a small, but minor (and quickly controlled) fire in the engine bay gaurentees totalling (almost).

:nono: thats insurance fraud..........

Glad they found it, but I am sorry to hear it was stripped, good luck deciding

what you are gonna do :chevy:

:nono: thats insurance fraud..........

Glad they found it, but I am sorry to hear it was stripped, good luck deciding

what you are gonna do :chevy:

Well if hes like me and has paid thousands of dollars for insurance and never had to use it... thats what I call getting my money's worth

i honestly want to just start all over, i remember saying to myself its either i get it back intact or i dont get back at all because i honestly didnt think i would get it back in 1 whole piece!

Eddie, depending on how pissed you are and how much you want to get back at these fooks, you can put a little effort into f*cking them over. If you have the time, visit some of those wrecking yards, looking for "nice Chevy truck parts." You might be surprised at what you find hanging on some of the walls there... Or maybe try calling a few in the area, asking for certain parts. What sucks is that most of your parts probably went straight onto another truck, but I am sure that they took more than they needed, and some of these shops may just have a few hanging around. It sure would be nice to pop some of these fooks...

Sorry man, yeah let's see the carnage. :shakehead:

Mr. P.

FWIW your story made me call my insurance agent and ask about a stated-value policy; when I added everything up in my head I was surprised at the $$$ amount added to the truck not covered by comp/collision.

:withstupid:

I did the same thing. My insurance company wants receipts,...I am missing about 3K worth. :banghead:

not sure yet but she made seem like she was, her appraiser is gonna look at it tuesday the 4th, define stripped please, just wanna have an idea of what im looking at my exterior wasn't damaged, fender flares gone, mirror caps, mirror gone, snug lid cracked. INTERIOR=only seats and steering wheel left all panels glove box center console gone!