Never thought this would happen to me!

eddieo818

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eddie, I never noticed that your truck was recovered. The pics were horrible. Could have been worse, but that's what makes them horrible. I'm like everyone else, I would rather the truck never show up again than look at it like that. I guess its a good thing they totalled it. Now you can move on. Just don't stray too far from the bowtie!

Hey Eddie, I never noticed that your truck was recovered. The pics were horrible. Could have been worse, but that's what makes them horrible. I'm like everyone else, I would rather the truck never show up again than look at it like that. I guess its a good thing they totalled it. Now you can move on. Just don't stray too far from the bowtie!

:chevy::chevy::chevy: bowtie all the way!! :thumbs:

Update: insurance gave me the option to buy it back for 8600, what do you guys think??

Let me get this straight. You own a new 07 Escalade right? Why do you car anymore about this thing.. the truck is like Jenna Jameson now... its been torn up, used, abused, and totaled out... only someone like Tito Ortiz would hit it and drive it again.

Save your money and fix up that Escalade of yours and forget about the truck...

Let me get this straight. You own a new 07 Escalade right? Why do you car anymore about this thing.. the truck is like Jenna Jameson now... its been torn up, used, abused, and totaled out... only someone like Tito Ortiz would hit it and drive it again.

Save your money and fix up that Escalade of yours and forget about the truck...

yes, and you do have a point but if you really think about it this truck is still in great condition the engine only has 32k on it in time if i invest $5000, it will be like having a brand new truck with no payment! i mean hey not everything that was stolen is a neccessty to drive the truck. i have the original stocks at home just throw them on and slowly piece the interior together and i have myself a keeper.

lol

Imagine this scenario:

1) You have a couple 'buddies' who steal the truck from a location you tell them you will be at.. maybe a place known to have car thefts

2) Those 'buddies' strip the truck, just enough to ensure the insurance company totals the truck out.. keeping those pieces at a safe location

3) Place the truck in a location that would be easily found, and recovered

4) Insurance company totals truck out, pays the outstanding loan off (including gap coverage if vehicle is upside down)

5) Insurance co. offers to let you buy truck back at a reduced price.. ie $8500

6) Buy truck back, and 'buddies' use parts stripped from truck and reassemble truck with those parts

BAM. You now have a paid off truck... you turned your upside down loan into a truck that you in a way 'refinanced' for $8500 .... and can sell for $20K or more now.

Sounds like some Mafia shit :jester:

yes, and you do have a point but if you really think about it this truck is still in great condition the engine only has 32k on it in time if i invest $5000, it will be like having a brand new truck with no payment! i mean hey not everything that was stolen is a neccessty to drive the truck. i have the original stocks at home just throw them on and slowly piece the interior together and i have myself a keeper.

Yeah but it would have a theft-recovery title. Figure you pay $8600 for the truck, another $5000 after that then you've got ballpark $14K in the rig and question is would its KBB value be that good... I would only do it if you are either looking for a nice DD to keep the miles off your Escalade or are wanting to make a no-holds complete custom show truck. My $0.02.

Mr. P.

lol

Imagine this scenario:

1) You have a couple 'buddies' who steal the truck from a location you tell them you will be at.. maybe a place known to have car thefts

2) Those 'buddies' strip the truck, just enough to ensure the insurance company totals the truck out.. keeping those pieces at a safe location

3) Place the truck in a location that would be easily found, and recovered

4) Insurance company totals truck out, pays the outstanding loan off (including gap coverage if vehicle is upside down)

5) Insurance co. offers to let you buy truck back at a reduced price.. ie $8500

6) Buy truck back, and 'buddies' use parts stripped from truck and reassemble truck with those parts

BAM. You now have a paid off truck... you turned your upside down loan into a truck that you in a way 'refinanced' for $8500 .... and can sell for $20K or more now.

Sounds like some Mafia shit :jester:

i will never be able to sell for 20k, i dont think the tittle would be theft recovery i think it will be salvaged.

wow that sounds like a pretty good idea! Mann dude this is hillarious from the get go you started with fraud stuff! :crackup:

Yeah but it would have a theft-recovery title. Figure you pay $8600 for the truck, another $5000 after that then you've got ballpark $14K in the rig and question is would its KBB value be that good... I would only do it if you are either looking for a nice DD to keep the miles off your Escalade or are wanting to make a no-holds complete custom show truck. My $0.02.

Mr. P.

yes mr.p that is more like what im thinkin of keepin it as a daily driver or just a truck to have forever

yes mr.p that is more like what im thinkin of keepin it as a daily driver or just a truck to have forever

Then look at it this way - you are considering the purchase of a $14000 truck for use as a DD; being totally objective, is there a better vehicle you could buy for the same $14000??? If it's worth it to you then go ahead and buy back the SSS...

• 6 months later...