What I have been up to.

mwalls54

Well since i have been MIA for a little while now I figured I would show some pics of what I have been doing and give some info too.

well ever since I put the 408 in(over 2 years ago) I havn't had the best of luck with it. The best I could get out of it was a 13.4 n/a and 12.2 on a 100 shot both with a 2.0 60ft. well i thought two things were my problem. 1 being a converter that wasn't stalling high enough and 2 my cam just wasn't big enough for the stroker. well i got a healthy cam and during the swap i broke the crank bolt off in the crank taking it out. I couldn't find any one with in 100 miles that would touch the truck or motor. they all wanted the crank in hand. and since i travel so much I didn't have a place to do it. so i bought a 20ft car trailer and loaded it up and put the truck into storage until i got down here to san antonio where i have a very small garage to work on it.

I pulled the motor and had it taken to LME over in houston to remove the crank bolt. once they tore it down they found out that my pistons were not exactly .030 over and were wobbling in the holes. luckly i only put a few thousand miles on it. so they were able to salvage the crank and rods. it was completely rebalanced and everything was great. during this time I have been working on getting all of the covers powder coaded with the help from kaotik1. I got the motor back and bolted everything up and went to turn it over and nothing, got a compression tester and no compression. well i pulled out my hair trying to figure out what the problem was and it turned out to be that the machine ship put the crank timing gear on in the wrong position. this ment i had to drop the oil pan enough to get the oil tube off to take the oil pump off. well in doing this i stuck a rag down in the front of the oil pan to keep form droping the oil tube bolt. well i got the gear on right and everything was good to go. got full compression so i bolted everything back up. started it and it ran fine. i forgot one little thing. The rag in the front of the oil pan. The rag was in 100 pieces when i realized it. well needless to say the motor is back at lme to get a cleaning and all of the clearances checked. and thats a little bit of why i haven't been around so much. Here are some pics of my last build

cleaned up engine bay

Bottom end with all arp bolts

Deck of block with new wiesco pistons

Oil pan that was coated with heat disapating coating

long block with chrome powdercoated covers and arp stainless bolts

rewired the harness so it dont cross the motor

90mm intake with throttle body

Here is the motor finished

T/A cover with some 305 G forces

Man... You haven't found an end to those bottomless pockets yet, have you? That's unreal, I'm sorry to hear you're having such bad luck with it... I would be raising hell with whoever you got the original pistons from...

What wires do you have to modify to get the harness around the engine instead of over it?

Be sure to let us know how it works out!!

welp... all that work and you're still an enormous douche :jester:

gee thanks I love you too.

BTW hows my son doing :jester:

This kind of back and forth banter reminded me of an earlier time on the forum. (pre backpack slasher :jester: )

Damn near brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes::crackup:

Matt, hope you get it running soon