Getting exhaust done tomorrow

00silverad0

I'm getting my exhaust done tomorrow by a local shop. My setup is going to be (2) 3" offset inlet / 3" centered outlet true dual Super 44 Flowmasters dumped before the rear axle. I asked the guy the cost and he told my $270 .. I was like umm is this for everything? He said ya, buy the mufflers and the turndowns and the weldings free!! I was in shock seeing as how I paid 500 for my old setup on my 5.3 with 1 Flowmaster Super 40 with 3.5" tips . I think thats an awesome price and cant wait to hear it. I'll get pics up tomorrow after I get home.

Did my recommendation from your last post help any?

Deffinately go with Dual flowmaster 40's... That what i got. Get three inch because it will work out pretty well fitting over the stock pipes. Offset inlet and a centered outlet is what you need to get.

080307_1010.jpg

080307_1009.jpg

080307_1008.jpg

080307_1008a.jpg

I thought mine sounded pretty weak when i first put them on, But after about 3000 miles they were nice and broke in! Now they turn heads of any performance enthusiasts! Get them from this place... I picked mine up for $50 bucks each.. But back then they were askin like $55. Offer them fifty a piece an if that don't work offer $55... FREE SHIPPING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...33205%26fvi%3D1

Ya, streats , that helped alot however, I found a local place that was VERY good pricing and very close to what the site you gave me had. Then I would have had to wait for them to ship. Thanks again for all your help. I'll post pics in a couple hrs

Hopefully i'm not to late! If you DON'T want as much interior resonance, i've heard it helps to offset the mufflers about 3-4". Like mounting one, then mounting the other the same way, just a few inches closer to the rear or the front of the truck. I don't really know anything bout the 44's though :dunno: Let us know how it turn's out for ya! An get a video or sound clip if ya can! :thumbs:

I THINK IM DEAF!! They sound SOOO AWESOME. They really remind me of a high compression big cubic inch muscle car. I honestly think my truck is now louder than my dads 70 396 CI Nova.Got them installed today, dropped the truck off at 1:30 then they got the truck in the bay at about ten to 2 so the gf picks me up and we go 2 lunch, on our way to the resturant, phone rings and its the muffler shop. The lady says hey were all done. I was like damn they were in and out in like 30mins and did an awesome job. Seriously, it is so loud that it even bothers ME. I can live with it, I just hope that my neighbors dont pop my tires when I fire it up at 6:30 to go to work. I have to put the stereo up to about half volume to hear it now and I can barely hear my phone ring even on the loudest setting. OK im on my way out to go take pics, BTW they did a really good job and gave me my stock exhaust back. The only way for me to sum it up is to describe what my buddies V8 expedition sounded like when he unbolted the manifolds and ran off the block. I also noticed that I picked up power down low when stomping on it.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

That is going to be to much noise inside the truck. I did that already, I put the 44's on a few weeks ago at a buddies shop. We ran out of time so I just dumped it right at the mufflers. they are 3" in/out and offset. It made the inside of the truck vibrate worse than a serious sound system. I like a nice sounding flowmaster system but that was even to much for me. I did get it ran out the back where the stock exhaust came out, its now 2 3" tips at a 45* angle and the end of the tips are cut even with the side of the bed ( sorry have not had time to take pics or a sound clip). That price is a little steep just for the mufflers and dumps, mine was about $360 ran out the back with 3" pipe that is more pricey than a 2 1/2" pipe

It still has a drone inside between 1500 and 2000rpm, but I thin I'm gonna dynamat the inside of the cab becuase there is no insulation on the back wall of the cab, I did under coat the bottom of the cab that helped.

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

That is going to be to much noise inside the truck. I did that already, I put the 44's on a few weeks ago at a buddies shop. We ran out of time so I just dumped it right at the mufflers. they are 3" in/out and offset. It made the inside of the truck vibrate worse than a serious sound system. I like a nice sounding flowmaster system but that was even to much for me. I did get it ran out the back where the stock exhaust came out, its now 2 3" tips at a 45* angle and the end of the tips are cut even with the side of the bed ( sorry have not had time to take pics or a sound clip). That price is a little steep just for the mufflers and dumps, mine was about $360 ran out the back with 3" pipe that is more pricey than a 2 1/2" pipe

It still has a drone inside between 1500 and 2000rpm, but I thin I'm gonna dynamat the inside of the cab becuase there is no insulation on the back wall of the cab, I did under coat the bottom of the cab that helped.

I have noticed that it is QUITE loud inside the cab. What suggestions can you give me to make the in cab sound a little quieter that is not too difficult or expensive. I dont really care for the tips out the back where the stock location is , but would the in cab resonance be improved if I were to run them in front of the rear wheel? Or is that also too close to the cab?

I undercoated the bottom of the cab so far which helped. The insides of the trucks are not insulated well. The rear wall of the cab and the roof have none whatsoever. I would start there, that is what I'm going to due, the Dynomat and Hushmat insulation is not cheap. I am looking for something reasonable. Not only will it help the resonance from the exhaust but will also help the A/C not work so hard.