Getting exhaust done tomorrow

00silverad0

for the inside noise, I dealt with it bad with my Hooker aerochamber exhaust when it was exited like stock. I cut it off and dumped it with a tiny turn down somewhat like you got there and it was still bad. I ended up buying a piece of mandrell bent piping that at about 45 degree angle and about 16" long to use as my turn down and all interior noise went away after that. Also here is another thread on how flows should be welded up off-set. I also dont like how the mufflers are touching each other in yours, that will just double the vibration I would think.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...c=23178&hl=

So tonight around 9 I go to pick something up from a friends house and this 350z totally cuts me off the proceeds to practicly drift around the corner. I got a little upset at the fact this guy was a tool and decided to get next to him, well to my suprise, hes floring it now, anyways, caught up to him from about 3-4 cars back then had a car on him at 80 and the exhaust was SCREAMIN the whole time, for sure if there were cops aroud I would have been pulled over. I really dont like running the risk of it being that noticeable if I do decide to play around. Guess I'll have to keep it to a serious minimum when messing with other cars. OR I'll have to look into a quieter setup.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

OK heres a shitty soundclip from my moms Sony Cybershot circa 1990 but its all I got until I can use the gf's which has way better sound quality.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/rabb...nt=MOV01883.flv

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

worked for me. anyway i did have some flows on mine as well but I swapped them out for some borlas. I have a good camera just no damn fire wire or whatever I need to get it on the computer. My buddy has one so I will borrow it from him Friday after I go to the track :) sorry to jack ur thread but I didn't like the flows and am much happier with the borlas even though my neighbor bitches about it. if any of ur neighbors bitch about id would just say Ill try to be as quiet as possible but it is legal and im not gonna change it for them.

worked for me. anyway i did have some flows on mine as well but I swapped them out for some borlas. I have a good camera just no damn fire wire or whatever I need to get it on the computer. My buddy has one so I will borrow it from him Friday after I go to the track :) sorry to jack ur thread but I didn't like the flows and am much happier with the borlas even though my neighbor bitches about it. if any of ur neighbors bitch about id would just say Ill try to be as quiet as possible but it is legal and im not gonna change it for them.

Ya, my neighbors are all pretty cool except for this bitch across the street and shes not even that bad. My neighbor has a 94 5.0 full boltons and a cam, hes a ricer at heart but got lucky and got a good deal on this. Anyways, this kid pulls in at 3am and just ****n revs the shit to like 5grand like 3 or 4 times. Even my girlfriend says she hears it in the am. I now just coast from the stop sign in the entrance to my driveway and if I have to ill give it a little gas.

I honestly think that I believe its soo loud because of the in cab noise. My neighbor told me it wasnt that bad actually, but when your inside different story, dont ge tme wong, it is also loud on the outside, just not quite as loud as the inside

I honestly think that I believe its soo loud because of the in cab noise. My neighbor told me it wasnt that bad actually, but when your inside different story, dont ge tme wong, it is also loud on the outside, just not quite as loud as the inside

mine is just as loud inside as it is outside :jester: but i have a different set than you do

ive got mine set up something like yours. except for being run out the stock location. if you want to kill some of the in cab noise and drone all you need to do is. drill 2 holes across from each other in the exhaust pipes in front of the mufflers and weld a cross over pipe in there. it helps in reducinig alot of the cab noise. ill see if i can go take a quick pic of how mine are done and post it in a few ...............

post-9619-1188427479_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1188427529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chevcup47 (see edit history)