What i'm thinking of getting for my bedroom...

Fallen.One05

its time for an upgrade :jester: ...sounds like a good deal get it and let me know how you like it ...gonna get something for the bed room real soon...i really dont think i need 1080 but i want it i have 720 in the living room and its real nice...just need more hi def channels iam getting direct tv at the new place so i might be stepping up

im really into projectors. i have one in my room and it projects a 10' screen onto my wall. pretty good picture but they do have HD projectors now, along with a 7.1 sound system is bitchin'. down sides are you have to watch in total darkness and you have to have a large enough blank wall. video games are fun as hell on them too. bulbs are around 250 bucks though, rated at 2000 hours or more.

I thought about the rear projection tvs for awhile but decided my next TV will be an LCD. I checked out Circuit City and the rear projection tvs just didn't look as good as a LCD. Plasmas look great but who needs a tv that's also a freaking heater lol :crackup:

Uhhh... i think you mean Flat Panel LCD... as there are also Rear Projection LCD's.. ;)

And the only reason why i'm not getting a flat panel.. is b/c i don't want a bunch of cords hanging from the walls (as you sooo know i would be hanging that bitch from the wall!)

I thought about the rear projection tvs for awhile but decided my next TV will be an LCD. I checked out Circuit City and the rear projection tvs just didn't look as good as a LCD. Plasmas look great but who needs a tv that's also a freaking heater lol :crackup:

i disagree. i bought a hitatchi 57 inch CRT rear projection in february. in the many stores i went to to see the same tv, i always had a dlp or lcd model next to it.

if you set it up properly, they can look the same, or in my exprience, ive made the CRT look BETTER than the LCDs it was next to.

the stores setup thier displays so some tv's look better than others so you're more likey to buy certain models.

I have a plasma and I love it. I have looked at LCD screens and IMO the plasmas has a better picture hands down. I have not had any problems either with the tv putting out heat so i dunno about that. All in all everyone is going to have an opinion on whats better.

I have a plasma and I love it. I have looked at LCD screens and IMO the plasmas has a better picture hands down. I have not had any problems either with the tv putting out heat so i dunno about that. All in all everyone is going to have an opinion on whats better.

Plasma's do look better, but not what I want for my setup. Our living room has 2 huge windows so lots of light gets in and that's one of the reasons for the LCD. It doesn't reflect as much as a Plasma plus the stories of people saying how hot their plasma gets. My baby girl(13 months old) would no doubt being trying to touch the tv. Plus I plan to run a PS3 so the burn-in deal worries me about Plasmas. I know some may not have burn in issues but all these things I mentioned has me thinking LCD.

Fallen.One05: Mounting the LCD or Plasma probably would be a pain as far as cables go but if you do a pro install then that won't be an issue.

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

Plasma's tend to burn out around 5 years into thier use. not all, but most do. LCD's have expensive bulbs to replace, but once you replace them, they look like brand new again. CRT's can get screen burn in, but if you dont leave a static image on there, you'd be ok.

my CRT rear projection hitatchi shows ZERO glare, while my buddy's more expensive hitatchi CRT rear projection has so much glare, it looks like someone clear coated his screen.

Don't believe the hype. I have a rear-projection Sony LCD. It's their SXRD or something like that. I think it's a 55 incher that, when tuned into the Hi-Def Discovery Channel, looks nothing short of amazing. They have a show called Sunrise Earth that snags me every time. I've caught myself a couple of times sitting slack-jawed in my boxers on the sofa starring at that TV when I should have been getting ready for work. Circuit City tried to give me that crap about super expensive bulbs when they tried to sell me the ridiculous extended warranty. The bulbs are dropping in price like crazy and if you can swap out the headlight bulbs in your truck you can certainly change the bulb in your rear-projection.

I had a CRT Hitachi 57" widescreen in my room for almost two years. I downsized to a 42" plasma TV. Persoanlly, I would go with a 42" plasma TV, most of the rumors you have heard are just that...rumors. The Plasma will last just as long as the DLP if you are not going to play alot of video games, but that goes for any TV to be honest. The DLP is about half the size of my CRT, but it is also three times the size of a plasma, which can go on the wall. I think you will grow tired of hof much room the stand and DLP will take up. Plus, lying in bed, it will be harder to be comfortable on the bed and look at the DLP. If you get a plasma, you can mount it higher up so you can even watch it while lying there. Trust me, in a year, you will wish you had the plasma, and it will be for reasons other than picture quality. You can find 42" plasmas for around $1,500...