Looking at an 01 zo6.

gmc55

Someone has traded in an 01 zo6 at the local ford dealer here at home. I'll have to trade my truck in if i get it. They are asking $32,000 and it has 13,000 miles on it. They seem to be willing to negotiate but don't know how practical it would be for an everyday driver. I was also wondering what the horsepower and torque numbers are on the car. It's very clean pretty much brand new but i was wonderig what your guy's opinion was.

32 seems a bit high. My dad paid 32 for the one i drive now. It was an 02 so it had the 405HP (385 ft/lbs) deal and had 19000 miles. The 01's have 385HP (365 ft/lbs i think). But if you're going to mod it anyway it wont make a difference. The only thing is that quite a few 01's had an oil burning issue. As for a DD, hell yeah, as long as you dont have to drive it in the snow. Otherwise ill have to come hit you upside the head with a 2X4. Or unless you dont like driving a manual everyday. Which sometimes bothers me when im sitting in traffic or i just want to drive the car normal.

But test drive it and see what you think, my guess is you will not want to get out.

I say no as well. Here is why...the new body style is hitting the used market pretty heavy as well. You can get a 6.0L LS2 2005 manual vette for about $37-38k and I'm sure in a few more months, like december you will start to see them in the mid $30k range. So for a couple thousand more you can get the new body style, same power level, etc. The new 2007 6.2L are alot more, but motor trend claims they are faster than the 01-04 Z06's. $32k for an 01 Z06 is pretty steep, I would think it should be under $30k no matter how many miles it has. At least with the LS2, you could do an L92 head and cam swap and be at 500-550hp easily. The 5.7L is much more difficult to add that kind of hp per dollar. I would wait for the LS2 to be within your budget if I were you. The 05's are just so much better all around.

Are you going to mod it and what not when you get it, or leave it stock? If your going to leave it stock go with an 02-04, but if you're going to mod it find a cheap 01, and go that route. All i can really say is go out and test drive a C5 Z06, and then test drive a basic C6, even one with the Z51 package. There's no way to really describe the difference between the two. Stock for stock the C5 Z will out run the C6 by just a little bit. My dad had a C6 with the Z51 and he didnt like it very much because it was just too "nice" he felt like he was driving a Cadillac, but when he drives the C5 Z he absolutely loves it. Just because of the sound, the ride, the handling, and the power.

If you lived around here i would take you for a ride and show you just how nasty of a bitch it can be.

If i get it it will be a while before i could start modding. The budget couldn't handle that for a while. I'm kind of leaning tword not getting it and waiting till i can afford the new body style. Thanks for all the feedback guy's.