engine cover idea ?

Chevcup47

well i took my covers off to paint just to make them look a bit better and easer to clean. couldnt make my mind up about what kind of paint to use. so while at work today i got to talking to my boss and hes going to do some tests with my covers. said he can make a low cure powder coat in a gloss black like i want and after hes got that done were gunna powder coat my covers. should be alot easer to clean and a whole lot more gloss what do you guys think ??????

well i took my covers off to paint just to make them look a bit better and easer to clean. couldnt make my mind up about what kind of paint to use. so while at work today i got to talking to my boss and hes going to do some tests with my covers. said he can make a low cure powder coat in a gloss black like i want and after hes got that done were gunna powder coat my covers. should be alot easer to clean and a whole lot more gloss what do you guys think ??????

i think it's a great idea if it don't warp your cover's... what would he charge to that for me (of course i'd cover the shipping there and back), and i'd probably want a different color?...

Ill have to wait and see how mine come out or if its gunna work for sure. before i go and say we may be able to do any others. were making a low cure powder so it will only bake at a max of 240 may even be lower on temp. if mine work ill see if we can do any for anyone else wanting it and if so what it would cost.

i might like working for a company that makes powder for powder coating after all if thai works any way.

Edited by Chevcup47 (see edit history)

If the powder bakes that low it would only make sence that it will resoften by the heat of the engine and then let dirt get embedded into the powder. :dunno:

definetley keep me posted on it as well... and jonmalibuss brings p a good point, so if you could check into that it would be great.

thats the miricale with powder. once the cure agent thats in it has been baked even with the low cure type its rock hard and wont get soft once its baked. unless of course its in direct contact with fire or flame. ive gotten a test cover we are going to be working with first and ill let everyone know how it comes out.