GM side-post battery connection on NBS

Ok, so I have seen a few times on this site about how people suggest using a GM side post battery terminal connection to hook-up battery power for an amp. I have looked at my battery and it has a plastic cover all around it and was wondering how a GM side post connector would hook up, and where? would i just be better off connecting the power wire to the connection near the firewall where the battery wire goes to, then everything trees off from there? I just want to make sure I get a clean and solid connection for my amp power.

Ok, so I have seen a few times on this site about how people suggest using a GM side post battery terminal connection to hook-up battery power for an amp. I have looked at my battery and it has a plastic cover all around it and was wondering how a GM side post connector would hook up, and where? would i just be better off connecting the power wire to the connection near the firewall where the battery wire goes to, then everything trees off from there? I just want to make sure I get a clean and solid connection for my amp power.

if in doubt have it done professionally. but to answer your question, go to any car audio shop and ask for a Gm battery tap. they are like 5-10 bucks. you will pull off your plastic cover and dispose of it. then take out the bolt (5/16") and take it right out of the center of the batter terminal. then take the new batter tap and insert here and tighten the 11/16" bolt. then the smaller bolt threads into that for you amplifier. hope this helps? but you NEED to go to the battery. do not go to the distro on the firwall or anywhere else... good luck