New hobby being taken wayy too far!

r8rs4lf

I have to thank eBay. It's my part time business that has paid for my SS mods which are many. Lord knows I don't want to add it all up. Sad to say I'm about ready to close my eBay business. It takes up too much time and I've been doing it for 4 or 5 years.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow paintball has taken over my life pratice about 2 to 3 times a week traveling week at a time to diffrent states was fun for awile until we got sponsered then the fun was taked out. paintball cost more than any hobby ive gotten in to byfar beats rc trucks and my atvs i feel ya

I hear ya. I am into saltwater aquariums, which is damn expensive.

I took all my stuff from the ocean lol 10 trips to the beach :jester:

i have a harley a yamaha banshee a kx 125 rm125 a 2006 yamaha apex snowmobile the ss just bought a 12 foot alum boat and got into fishing so bad im buying a bigger boat so im screwed im right with ya my girl said i had to get rid of some shit i said im getting rid of you so im single and have all the shit i need

im like that with guitars

i had 20 of them at one point.. 10 of them were special edition signatures.. i got rid of alot of them for financial reasons.

now i have 3 more signature george lynch LTD's and ESPs.. i cant be stopped.

I had 42 at one time. Now I am down to 29. Gibsons, PRS, Fender, etc.etc.

• 2 years later...

I just picked up another one.

1982 Womens Cruiser 5 (Red)

376394265.jpg

Since I never did post pics of the collection, here they are.............

1980 Mens Cruiser 5 (Sky blue)

376362533.jpg

1980 Mens Cruiser 5 (Chestnut brown)

368181948.jpg

1976 California Cruiser (Red) only about 500 made

368000469.jpg

1979 Spitfire 5 (Red)

366378980.jpg

1980 Womens Cruiser (Black single speed)

337970978.jpg

1972 Town & Country Trike (Sierra brown)

337971092.jpg

and boating.. talk about a hole in the water

It has been said that the two happiest days of a boat owers life is the Day he picks his new boat up and the day he gets rid of it. I've had my boat for 5yrs now and its my second one. If I didnt love fishing so much, I swear I would sell it. Always seems to be something, cover, trailer repairs, seats, electronics, I dont have a lot of problems with this boat, but maintenance alone is expensive.

Another hobby that is taking over me this summer is bike related, but more for the single track. I dropped over $2,000 on a full-suspension Giant Trance X2 mountain bike and I didnt stop there. Needed new handle grips, couple sets of different tires, pumps, camelbacks, tool kits, riding clothing like shorts, jerseys, etc, race entry fees...Lets just say that was a lot of mod money for the SS. However, I am feeling the best I have felt since the couple of years after HS so I think it was a worthy investment.

I have been into model train since age of 4. I stepped up to brass models from plastic a few years ago, and they are pricey new. Off road eletric r/c trucks also.

The ss has taken over since 2005 though the model trains are still a big priority and plan to make a model layout.

my girl said i had to get rid of some shit i said im getting rid of you so im single and have all the shit i need

Nice. My ex told me to sell the ss to buy her a car, she was gonzo soon after.

My hobby that has taken over is DVD's. I started just buying only new movies that i realy liked then s tarted fishing the used section at blockbuster and the $5 bin at walmart, next thing you know I have over 700 and most i have only watched once and a few i have never even seen. Thousands of dollars blown :(

But I have only bought 2 DVD's in the last 7 months so Im doing much better

that shit is pretty fun rey , i used to be into bmx back when gt's box frame was this ish. i think that was late 90's , i still have my O.G. Gt interceptor i put together when i was about 14 and ill keep it until the day i have kids ( if that ever happens )

last year this time i bought a stock ass banshee , now it is about as fully built as a shee can be for riding dunes/hills . i am just getting it ready for this season . however i dont plan to put any more money into it.

my new hobby / money / time killer is my first house. i bought a single story home ( lived in a two story for 20 years and with hot climate it sucks) built in 1991, 2100 sq ft , 5 bedroom , 2 full bath , more than 1/2 acre lot size thats all flat with a big 3 car garage to fit the truck and toys ( bigger than avg being more than 24 ft deep ) has Rv/side access to pull in the rear or park our motorhome on the side. all flat land and tons of room to grow . it has mostly grass right now with assorted fruit trees in the rear .however it is way more work than i should have taken on at one time .i have pretty much completely rebuilt the entire inside of this house. from floor to drywall . it will be looking like it was built yesterday on the inside. i may be posting pics if i ever get done . i have setup a very nice 7.2 theater in my living room and a nice 7.1 in my bedroom . i cant even think of all the things i have done but if i were to make a mod list it would be equiviant to what i have done to my truck . which i am glad to say is out of my hands for now with rick at Synergy up north about 8 hours from here for the next few months . Which is really good so i can focus on finishing this place.

Ill be posting pics of all the work i have done to the house soon as i have had alot of help but also learned alot about interior work . i definately took on more work than i had ever dreamed. it will be worth it in the long run i think . after i get the interior finished i plan to focus on the exterior ( building a nice work shop in the back yard along with a pool for summer time parties). so this will be my hobby for probably the rest of my life. id really like to get a project 68 camaro but that will happen down the road once i get the big garage in the rear going.

BTW , ales your freaking crazy on the bikes. i bet they will make you money in the long run though .