WHO Makes the BEST Programmer for the NBS V-MAX?

bjdtruck

I know I posted a similar question in the VHO/VMAX forum but I figured alot of you guys might have missed it there so I am asking the same questions here.

I am looking for the BEST Programmer available for my NBS 2007 GMC V-Max Crew Cab 4x4. My local 4x4 shop is pushing the Edge Evolution EEC 2200. Is that a decent unit? Any other suggestions? I don't want a hand held programmer. I like the look of it installed on the dash (or door post).

I am probably going to do a cat back exhaust & maybe a CAI as well.

I should probably say that my MAIN intention in doing performance mods is to improve the overall performance of the truck. I am NOT going to race it or anything along those lines. It is used as a tow vehicle & everyday "driver". I am NOT planning to spend alot of $$ on a custom tune either.

Any help is appreciated!! :yellow_loser:

Like mentioned in the other thread, nothing beats a custom tune.......either a PCM swap or a dyno tune. Handheld programmers are not worth the money, you get so much more out of a custom tune. I had a handheld before my Wheatley Performance tuned PCM, the difference between them is night and day. Don't waste your money on a handheld, put the $$ towards a custom tune. A custom tune costs the same as a handheld if not less than a handheld. Use the search function and you will see that many many others agree. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Like mentioned in the other thread, nothing beats a custom tune.......either a PCM swap or a dyno tune. Handheld programmers are not worth the money, you get so much more out of a custom tune. I had a handheld before my Wheatley Performance tuned PCM, the difference between them is night and day. Don't waste your money on a handheld, put the $$ towards a custom tune. A custom tune costs the same as a handheld if not less than a handheld. Use the search function and you will see that many many others agree. :chevy:

:withstupid::withstupid:

the problem is it isnt quite that simple to tune a nbs truck since there is both a pcm and a tcm that would have to be tuned in conjuction. (at least this is my understanding). i think zippy was working on a mail order system but as of yet didnt have it available.