Need Bumper Advice

I had this same problem with my last truck and i ended up going with the OEM bumper cover. Just bite the bullet and get the factory one it looks much better IMO. No offense to anyone running the Street Scene one, but it just looks cheap compared to the OEM one. If you could have two trucks one with the SS one and one with the OEM one I promise you that you'd choose the OEM one hands down.

Here's my old truck with the OEM cover, you decide:

f3d45a69.jpg

well if you do the cladding i say the stock ss bumper ,reason being is the stock bumper hangs a bit lower to align with the ss cladding for a regular silverado with no cladding the street scene bumper lines up well with the body panels. imo.

I'm not doin any cladding. I understand what you guys are sayin about the OEM lookin alot better. But I'd rather spend that extra $700 or however much it is towards perfomance. I can't tell a difference between the two in the pics except for the line across the bottom.

Also I know most everyone is gonna favor the OEM SS one since this is the SS site. xlr82 do you have any idea of the shipping cost to san diego, ca?

I'm not doin any cladding. I understand what you guys are sayin about the OEM lookin alot better. But I'd rather spend that extra $700 or however much it is towards perfomance. I can't tell a difference between the two in the pics except for the line across the bottom.

Also I know most everyone is gonna favor the OEM SS one since this is the SS site. xlr82 do you have any idea of the shipping cost to san diego, ca?

i honestly couldn't tell you, but i would assume maybe around $50-75. maybe less.. :dunno:

pm me if, or when you're interested.. easier than trying to dig for this thread everytime.

thanks 12's. I'm tryin to work out a deal with someone right now for a bumper cover with no air ducts. The ducts are around $110 each at the dealer, tryin to figure out about how much the cover is worth used alone with no ducts.

get the parts from gm parts direct, they are way cheaper :thumbs:

Go OEM for sure, that way you have no regrets. I bought mine off of EBay for $220 shipped without the airducts. I got the airducts off a member here for about $80 I think... can't remeber. So the total was $300 which is chaper than the Street Scene. It might take some time to find the bumper at that price and the airducts too, but well worth it. Street Scene looks nice too, but if you can go OEM for same price, go OEM. As far as the brackets, I didn't use any except fo the ones that are in the center opening are that attch to the bumper itself. I slid mine over the the chrome bumper with the top black plastic still on it. See my signature below.