Vho Vs. Srt-10

Chris Dubya

Hahaha good kill :thumbs:

But why press the trailoring button? Am I missing something?

Lots of guys on here talked about it, and I found that the truck stays in first a lot longer. It's a blast to roll around town doing 30-35 mph in first.....the thing really launches when you nail it. :driving:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha good kill :thumbs:

But why press the trailoring button? Am I missing something?

Lots of guys on here talked about it, and I found that the truck stays in first a lot longer. It's a blast to roll around town doing 30-35 mph in first.....the thing really launches when you nail it.

I wasnt impressed by those Quad Cab SRT10 either. I raced one in a 1/4 race, he didnt spin and had an automatic, I beat him by 1/2 truck? I hear they suffer severly from heat soak though, maybe that was his problem...I remember the driver telling me his truck wasnt broke in yet and that his SRT only had 10k on it? WTF?

Good Kill!!!

Im not impressed with those trucks (Quad Cabs) at all. I raced one last year in the 1/4 and beat him by 1/2 a truck with 22's. The guy did not spin and had an automatic, though I hear those V10's suffer severly from heat soak...I remember the guy telling me his truck was not broke in yet, thats why he lost. He told me his truck had 10k on it, ya right not broke in my ass! Anyway good kill!!!

Im not impressed with those trucks (Quad Cabs) at all. I raced one last year in the 1/4 and beat him by 1/2 a truck with 22's. The guy did not spin and had an automatic, though I hear those V10's suffer severly from heat soak...I remember the guy telling me his truck was not broke in yet, thats why he lost. He told me his truck had 10k on it, ya right not broke in my ass! Anyway good kill!!!

Pretty sluggish SRT10 if it can't run better than a 14.4 with no wheelspin...?

:confused:

Yeah unless you ran juice or he wasn't racing i have doubts that you pulled on a srt even if it was a quad cab those things can still haul

There was a Vid of the race at one time on this site. Some one from the event we raced at posted it. I guarantee I wasnt on the juice, why do you doubt me? A fellow SS bro :confused:

There was a Vid of the race at one time on this site. Some one from the event we raced at posted it. I guarantee I wasnt on the juice, why do you doubt me? A fellow SS bro :confused:

I don't doubt you. A SRT-10 quad cab in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to drive it could run in the mid 14's. I'm sure the same could be said for a 99-00 Lightning.

I don't doubt you. A SRT-10 quad cab in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to drive it could run in the mid 14's. I'm sure the same could be said for a 99-00 Lightning.

Srt10 Quad Cab is automatic only. If it's getting very little spin one would have to "floor the gas pedal" to drive it properly...?

The regular cabs can go up in smoke and miss shifts etc....

Dude I'm not meaning to say your a liar or you don;t have a sweet truck but the quad cabs are all autos as crazymopar said and if it had no wheelspin and was racing is just seems like it could do better then 14s

Srt10 Quad Cab is automatic only. If it's getting very little spin one would have to "floor the gas pedal" to drive it properly...?

The regular cabs can go up in smoke and miss shifts etc....

I also have an automatic and if I stab the gas pedal off the line I can make my tires go up in smoke. If I just give it gas off the line it wouldn't smoke the tires but it will launch slower than if I gently power-brake it to around 1,200 rpm's without spinning the tires and then quickly floor it but not stab it. So even thought I have an automatic I can make my truck react three different ways off the line, and only one of them works the best and gets me out of the hole the quickest. I would imagine the quad cab has a special way it gets out of the hole the best too.

Dude I'm not meaning to say your a liar or you don;t have a sweet truck but the quad cabs are all autos as crazymopar said and if it had no wheelspin and was racing is just seems like it could do better then 14s

The best Car and Driver got the quad cab to run was 14.2, and they know how to launch a truck or car in the quarter mile. Now take a new quad cab owner and it's more than possible he was .3 of a second slower in the quarter than that of C&D's best time. Below are some of their findings.

vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 6-passenger, 4-door truck

Price as tested: $52,115 (base price: $50,850)

Engine type: pushrod 20-valve V-10, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 506 cu in, 8285c Power (SAE net): 500 bhp @ 5600 rpm

Torque (SAE net): 525 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm

Transmission: 4-speed automatic

Wheelbase: 140.5 in

Length/width/height: 227.7/79.9/74.7 in

Curb weight: 5618 lb

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 14.3 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.0 sec

Standing 1/4-mile: 14.2 sec @ 99 mph

Top speed (drag limited): 147 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 180 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

EPA fuel economy, city driving: 9 mpg

C/D-observed fuel economy: 11 mpg

here is the article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests...cab.html?al=139

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

Truck trend shows 13.7 http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...rice_specs.html

carpages shows 13.8 http://www.carpages.ca/go/roadtest/2005_do...track_test.aspx

13.8 http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2006/ram-srt10.html

just saying there are faster ones out there stock .... it's fine man i believe you took him good win... :chevy:

Edited by HAZMAT (see edit history)

:dupe: I agree, they should be faster with 500hp but this one wasn't for whatever reason. Again, I hear those V10's suffer SEVERLY from heat soak. I realize he should have beat me but the only reason I asked to race the guy is cause I seen a stock Lighting beat him by about 5 lenths and a VHO (who was his brothers truck) beat him by a truck. Anyway you see it I chalk it up as a win!

OUT2WIN can you post up that Vid of me and the SRT10 from racewars?