Vho Vs. Srt-10

Chris Dubya

:dupe: I agree, they should be faster with 500hp but this one wasn't for whatever reason. Again, I hear those V10's suffer SEVERLY from heat soak. I realize he should have beat me but the only reason I asked to race the guy is cause I seen a stock Lighting beat him by about 5 lenths and a VHO (who was his brothers truck) beat him by a truck. Anyway you see it I chalk it up as a win!

OUT2WIN can you post up that Vid of me and the SRT10 from racewars?

Ask and you shall receive :crackup:

th_100_0905.jpg

100_0897.jpg

100_0903.jpg

100_0898.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck trend shows 13.7 http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...rice_specs.html

carpages shows 13.8 http://www.carpages.ca/go/roadtest/2005_do...track_test.aspx

13.8 http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2006/ram-srt10.html

just saying there are faster ones out there stock .... it's fine man i believe you took him good win... :chevy:

I was just on the SRT-10 forum and there is an owner that posted the mods listed below on his truck truck and still can only get a 13.95 in the quarter.

[email protected] want more

2006 quad cab,bassani headers,jmb catless mids,borla catback,jmb cai,stage2 flash.What the h3ll do i need to go faster.Time at the track,how's the best to launch the more rpm's the slower my times more tire spin going back to the track tuesday night.thanks for the advice.

Lots of guys on here talked about it, and I found that the truck stays in first a lot longer. It's a blast to roll around town doing 30-35 mph in first.....the thing really launches when you nail it.

:eek: DUDE - I didn't catch that the first read through, you beat him in tow/haul mode?! That's sad!

I was just on the SRT-10 forum and there is an owner that posted the mods listed below on his truck truck and still can only get a 13.95 in the quarter.

2006 quad cab,bassani headers,jmb catless mids,borla catback,jmb cai,stage2 flash.What the h3ll do i need to go faster.Time at the track,how's the best to launch the more rpm's the slower my times more tire spin going back to the track tuesday night.thanks for the advice.

So basically headers, CAI, and tune = 13.95's... that's still plenty damned fast for zero transmission mods. If he adds a converter & shift kit that will get him another 1/2 second, or (roughly) mid-13's. That's still a couple tenths quicker than similarly modded AWD SS...

btw ShowTime, can't remember if I've complemented your truck before but nice L! :cool:

Mr. P.

:eek: DUDE - I didn't catch that the first read through, you beat him in tow/haul mode?! That's sad!

So basically headers, CAI, and tune = 13.95's... that's still plenty damned fast for zero transmission mods. If he adds a converter & shift kit that will get him another 1/2 second, or (roughly) mid-13's. That's still a couple tenths quicker than similarly modded AWD SS...

btw ShowTime, can't remember if I've complemented your truck before but nice L! :cool:

Mr. P.

Thanks for the compliant Mr.P.,

All I'm trying to do is put out some numbers the quad cab is doing in the hands of a novice. I read about modded quad cabs running in the 12's, so I know they can be made to run fast. I'm trying to show that If CenwaSS is running low 14's, then he does have a chance to beat a stock quad cab with an inexperienced driver. It's all good!

Thanks for the compliant Mr.P.,

All I'm trying to do is put out some numbers the quad cab is doing in the hands of a novice. I read about modded quad cabs running in the 12's, so I know they can be made to run fast. I'm trying to show that If CenwaSS is running low 14's, then he does have a chance to beat a stock quad cab with an inexperienced driver. It's all good!

I came across a single cab SRT-10 Friday in town where there was no place to run, but I did talk to the guy for a few stoplights. He confirmed that all the single cabs are stick, then I asked him if he had a hard time hooking it up. He said on the street it was hard to keep hooked, so he likes to go from a roll. I asked him what his best time was and he responded with 13.2. Rght before I had to turn, we were going about 30 and he blasted through first, and slammed it into second. THIS guy knew how to shift, and that thing LAUNCHED. Note to self....don't expect much against one of those from a roll.

I came across a single cab SRT-10 Friday in town where there was no place to run, but I did talk to the guy for a few stoplights. He confirmed that all the single cabs are stick, then I asked him if he had a hard time hooking it up. He said on the street it was hard to keep hooked, so he likes to go from a roll. I asked him what his best time was and he responded with 13.2. Rght before I had to turn, we were going about 30 and he blasted through first, and slammed it into second. THIS guy knew how to shift, and that thing LAUNCHED. Note to self....don't expect much against one of those from a roll.

The single cabs are the ticket, but are harder to drive than the automatic quad cabs. The hardest shift is the second to third, as the engine torquing to the right doesn't help things. I've yet to run against a single cab, as there aren't any in my area, but with my truck basically being stock, it would take a little luck and a lot of mis-driving from the single cab to pull off a win. Those SRT-10s are fast trucks and a little too expensive for me. Now if I want to invest a grand I could get mine into the high 12's pretty easily.

The single cabs are the ticket, but are harder to drive than the automatic quad cabs. The hardest shift is the second to third, as the engine torquing to the right doesn't help things. I've yet to run against a single cab, as there aren't any in my area, but with my truck basically being stock, it would take a little luck and a lot of mis-driving from the single cab to pull off a win. Those SRT-10s are fast trucks and a little too expensive for me. Now if I want to invest a grand I could get mine into the high 12's pretty easily.

It looks like the shifter is REALLY long in those trucks. I had a few standards when I was younger, and I cut them shorter, and re-attached the knob to get a shorter throw. I'm with you on the investment part. I still have 30K left on my 100K warranty, then the gloves come off. I use this as a daily driver (company truck), so I want it drivable, so I'm saving/toying around with head/cam first then radix afterwards. BTW, you have a really nice truck!

It looks like the shifter is REALLY long in those trucks. I had a few standards when I was younger, and I cut them shorter, and re-attached the knob to get a shorter throw. I'm with you on the investment part. I still have 30K left on my 100K warranty, then the gloves come off. I use this as a daily driver (company truck), so I want it drivable, so I'm saving/toying around with head/cam first then radix afterwards. BTW, you have a really nice truck!

Thanks,

I know how you feel about doing mods with warranty time left. I still have three years and forty-five thousand miles before my warranty expires and would hate to have to foot the bill if anything went wrong. I read a lot about Lightning owners getting greedy and going for too much boost and venting their engines. I also like that my truck idles smooth and runs great all the time, and I don't want to spend every weekend tweaking things under the hood. I have two motorcycles that are faster than my truck in the quarter mile so if I really need to go fast I can ride one of them. Below is one of them.

IMG_3989.jpg

I also have an automatic and if I stab the gas pedal off the line I can make my tires go up in smoke. If I just give it gas off the line it wouldn't smoke the tires but it will launch slower than if I gently power-brake it to around 1,200 rpm's without spinning the tires and then quickly floor it but not stab it. So even thought I have an automatic I can make my truck react three different ways off the line, and only one of them works the best and gets me out of the hole the quickest. I would imagine the quad cab has a special way it gets out of the hole the best too.

Hahaha

I just read thid thread for the first time in a looong time.

The only thing that I find weird is.... the above quote. I'm not sure why it is posted?!?! The original post said the guy had almost no wheelspin. Wheelspin was NOT an issue I figured?

If the SRT10 came out of the hole HARD, I find it VERY surprising the truck could only muster a mid 14 second time roughly. If it was spinning sure, but the claim was the truck hooked, wasn't it?

:confused:

Maybe it was a driver issue, maybe it was a drivetrain issue, but I don't think the launch was an issue if there was no wheelspin..?

Massive wheelspin ain't good for times. My buddy's dead stock 300SRT8 Chrysler 300 ran a 12.93 at 107.75 mph, he took the traction control off to try to get better times and promptly ran in the 15s. Consistently.

:crackup:

I can see a truck with wheelspin troubles laying down terrible times, but a truck that pulls out of the hole should be able to put a number down that's half decent for what the truck is, IMO..?

At a 100mph he has no traction. He needs slicks. What are his 60' times?

Jamest

Massive wheelspin ain't good for times. My buddy's dead stock 300SRT8 Chrysler 300 ran a 12.93 at 107.75 mph, he took the traction control off to try to get better times and promptly ran in the 15s. Consistently.

I can see a truck with wheelspin troubles laying down terrible times, but a truck that pulls out of the hole should be able to put a number down that's half decent for what the truck is, IMO..?

I'm not talking about massive wheel spin. Some things run better with a little wheel spin. Have you ever heard of engine bog? I can launch with no wheel spin and it gets the revs up slower than if it has a little controlled wheel spin. Do you think drag cars come out of the hole with no wheel spin. It appears you haven't spent much time at the track or you would know what I'm talking about.

I'm not talking about massive wheel spin. Some things run better with a little wheel spin. Have you ever heard of engine bog? I can launch with no wheel spin and it gets the revs up slower than if it has a little controlled wheel spin. Do you think drag cars come out of the hole with no wheel spin. It appears you haven't spent much time at the track or you would know what I'm talking about.

Hahaha

Lemme see. I pretty well LIVE AT THE TRACK.

I own and have owned alot of vehicles that moved half decent.

The original poster was saying he thought the guy was shifting poorly. Which sounds much more plausible than what you are trying to portray.

If the guy came out of the hole BEHIND an SRT10 and then wound up OUTRUNNING HIM, and he runs a mid 14 second 1/4 mile, I would say bog, or wheelspin, or whatever else you posted about had very little if anything at all to do with ANYTHING.

If it makes you mad that I don't think your "three different scenario launches" apply to this story, then that's for you to think.

Questioning my drag racing and street racing experience because you don't like what I have to say?

LOL

Bring it on, let's compare!

We can compare my cars past and present to your bike, my old work truck to your truck, my actual track time to your actual track time, years racing vs years racing, whatever.

It won't change a thing though.

;)

:cheers:

At a 100mph he has no traction. He needs slicks. What are his 60' times?

Jamest

Do you mean the SRT8?

He's my buddy, he posts as "SRT8eh" on the LXforums....

Ride:

06 300 SRT8

Engine type and displacement:

370 Cu.In HEMI

Induction:

N/A

Major modifications:

Zero

Tranny type:

Automatic

Tires:

Street Radials