Hypertech Power Programmer Iii

TruckinSS05

Hello everyone,

Just got me a new Power Programmer III from Hypertech for my 2005 Silverado SS AWD. My question is what are some recommendations for my new program. I have an aftermarket exhaust and intake so just was curious about my shift firmness and any other tweaks that would give me an exta 50hp or so. Thanks!! :driving:

I wish you would have brought this topic up before you purchased this. You get way more for your money with a custom tune and its considerably cheaper in most cases. As for settings I dunno you may try a search on here and see if anyone posted some???

welcome to the site :cheers:

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

So your saying that Hypertech is selling a programmer that does not work..... correct?

I wish you would have brought this topic up before you purchased this. You get way more for your money with a custom tune and its considerably cheaper in most cases. As for settings I dunno you may try a search on here and see if anyone posted some???

welcome to the site :cheers:

Edited by TruckinSS05 (see edit history)

pretty much a worthless pos... you wont get anywhere close to 50hp... let alone 15hp...

a custom tune is far better and far cheaper... every hand held programmer is pretty much worthless... and the shift firmness is not even noticable.

but like me, most everyone at one time has bought and then sold their hand held programmer, dont feel so bad... welcome to the forums...

do some research on this site before you go and blow money on things that dont work.

welcome!

I agree with the above 2 statements. They work just not very well. I grew up listening to how great they are and bought one myself before I joined this site and afterwards learned about the tunes and everything they say about tunes is right on and just sold my hypertec for $150 just to get rid of it.

I agree that a custom tune is the best way to go........having owned a Hypertech, I can tell you that the Hypertech PPIII does work, but the gains are minimal as the tuning is mild and generic. Here are the settings I used to get the most out of my unit:

93 Octane Tune

50% shift firmness increase

128mph top speed limiter

Rev limiter 6000rpm

Shift points-

1-2 6000rpm

2-3 5800rpm

3-4 5600rpm

:chevy:

Well, looks like I will be getting a small amount of increase with my new P.O.S. I will try it and see how I come out. Maybe it will give me just enough boost to make me happy. (BUT I doubt it!) Thanks for all the help! :flag:

I agree that a custom tune is the best way to go........having owned a Hypertech, I can tell you that the Hypertech PPIII does work, but the gains are minimal as the tuning is mild and generic. Here are the settings I used to get the most out of my unit:

93 Octane Tune

50% shift firmness increase

128mph top speed limiter

Rev limiter 6000rpm

Shift points-

1-2 6000rpm

2-3 5800rpm

3-4 5600rpm

:chevy: