Engine Cover Test !

Chevcup47

here are a couple of pictures of an engine cover we tested at work. trying powder coating on it. let me know what ya think. we just used a gray powder we had to see what it would do. i kinda like it i may coat mine this color to contrast between the balck of the truck and the gray of the interior. we use acetone to do rub tests on our powder. when we tride it on the cover it wouldnt even touch it. acted like we were rubbing it with water.

post-9619-1189549774_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1189549794_thumb.jpg

funy you should ask about color. but thats what we do where i work is make powder. so i can take that formula and make just about any color i want. that color is one we make for a customer and we just used it to see how and if it would work before reformulating a all new one. i kind of like the way the coveres look as they are on my truck. im just looking to do something diffrent and make them easer to take care of.

funy you should ask about color. but thats what we do where i work is make powder. so i can take that formula and make just about any color i want. that color is one we make for a customer and we just used it to see how and if it would work before reformulating a all new one. i kind of like the way the coveres look as they are on my truck. im just looking to do something diffrent and make them easer to take care of.

What Company? DuPont? Tiger Drylac? PPG?

i work for a small company named Atomized powder. ill have to see what the boss says about making new colors and coating them. hes the one who does it so it would be up to him if i can get others done or anything like that. ill do my best to try and talk him into it just have to see what all he has going on and if he wants to do it.

i work for a small company named Atomized powder. ill have to see what the boss says about making new colors and coating them. hes the one who does it so it would be up to him if i can get others done or anything like that. ill do my best to try and talk him into it just have to see what all he has going on and if he wants to do it.

May work out in his favor. Im sure some others here might want to do it to if your boss is game. If some of us get together its money in his pocket.