Looking For Radix S/c And A Cam

Hey guys, I am looking for a good deal on a Radix s/c. I am not sure which one to go for, the 112, 122, 122HH. Which one would be better with my current set up. Also i am looking for a cam to go with it. I know absolutely nothing about cams so any pointers would be awesome.(the truck is my DD so i want a mild cam) Another thing; I am currently going to school at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN and I don't know of any good places to put the cam in when i get it or to tune the truck when the s/c goes on. Anyone for IN could help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey guys, I am looking for a good deal on a Radix s/c. I am not sure which one to go for, the 112, 122, 122HH. Which one would be better with my current set up. Also i am looking for a cam to go with it. I know absolutely nothing about cams so any pointers would be awesome.(the truck is my DD so i want a mild cam) Another thing; I am currently going to school at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN and I don't know of any good places to put the cam in when i get it or to tune the truck when the s/c goes on. Anyone for IN could help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Because your gonna be running a supercharger, you probobly don't want to go with a big cam. When you do a supercharger, you don't want bigger lift, you want longer duration. The longer duration that the valves are open, the more air and fuel you can get in the motor which equals more Horsepower. If you went with a cam with alot of lift, you would actually lose power. I would go to compcams.com and email there Tech guys, they would be able to tell you the perfect cam to run with the Supercharger you want.

I am going to use a G2-3 cam with my Radix MP112. I have heard nothing but great things and I have to keep my truck as a daily driver. It gives great power and a smoother than stock idle from what I have been told. As for the blower unless you want to spend a whole lot of money I would go with the MP112. I was told with the 122 yiou have to but a bunch more things like a new TB and stuff to make it wotk and basically another grand or so to make the blower work if i heard correctly. As for the tune I would use Zippy or someone he has tuned just as many blower trucks as N/A so he should be able to nail it as good as your going to get it minus Dyno tune. IMO

for a SC cam you should get the lingenfelter GT-7 or GT2-3 cam or Thunder Racing "Blower cam" :thumbs: if you get the 122HH blower you haave room to grow for power and youll get lower intake temps with the bigger blower...

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

I agree...the 122 will require a lot of extra items, a custom tune and they really only recommend it on a built bottom end. The 112 will be perfect for you if you think you are not going to heavily modify the truck down the road. But, if you are just looking for simple bolt on power the 112 is the way to go. The tune will work well out the box so no custom tuning is needed. And lets just say you did want more power down the road you can always run more boost and even custom tune it.