Finally Made It To Socal!

Texas_Veteran

I finally made it to SoCal! It was a long trip from NC that went way wrong! Everything that could go wrong did. First of all the Penski truck that I rented worked perfectly for a half day. I made a pitstop in Georgia to visit my wifes family. After that stop the moving truck would only get up to 45mph. We called Penski to get some support and were routed to Jackson, Mississippi. Now that was a long drive at 45MPH. We get there and they can't do anything for me, so I am routed to Dallas. So, we get back on the road and eventually make it to Dallas. When we got there we were told that they would get us a new truck and would call some PROFESSIONAL packers to repack my stuff into the new truck. So, I agree to that and take their loaner vehicle to lunch. I get back and they are locking up the gates and are done with my truck. I go to inspect everything out back and they just randomly threw my things into the truck. I notice that a lot of my stuff is broken and my boxes that were marked FRAGILE were crushed. They didn't strap anything down as I did to keep things from shifting during the move. I'm pissed, and want to talk to a manager, but I can't because they had locked up and had all taken off. I call the 1-800 number and they tell me to get to my final destination, inventory everything and give them a call back. On another note, my SS did great pulling my wifes 07 Colorado Crew Cab on my 16 FT car trailer. The only problem I had with the SS was that my brand new amp is fried and took my component set with it. That is being worked on now that I am here in SoCal. So, I get here to Carlsbad and immediately want to unload this truck and get to setting up my Condo. My brother opened up the truck and BAMM, I get hit in the head by the hand dolley that they just threw in there. The end result of that was 6 staples in my head. That sh*t hurt. I finally get all my things unloaded and am inventorying everything. Most of my big furniture is ruined. It is all gouged, broken and stained. I'm pissed about this and I'm going to file a claim against the company. I know its going to be a long process too. Well, thats enough from me about this crap. The good news is that I am now in Carlsbad, CA and I'm loving the weather. As soon as I get everything back together with the SS I'm looking to meet up with all of the local members. I'll post up some pics as I get them downloaded.

Adrian

wow that is insane, I guess I got lucky when I cam cross country, I didnt think my trailer would make it with the tires on it, especially when we started pulling up around 70mph + for long distances. Every little noise I heard I about crapped myself thinking it was a blowout. At least you got to the west coast and good luck with everything. Hope your head gets better too!!!!

dam man thats horrible , but at least its behind the weather will mka everything better. and welcome the the best place in the world. minus the traffic/smog/crazies.

:withstupid: sorry bout everything, but carlsbad is an awsome city, i love that place. you think you'll be able to make it out for the G2G at the end of the month?

Holy Crap!!!! I would go Postal on them.

Professionally speaking ... start to document every name and number you can remember from the Dallas store. Photograph and document every tear and broken Item. The more ammo you have the better ...

What a kick in the nuts, getting the hand truck like that .... If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all.

I hope it goes better for you ... :thumbs:

sorry to hear about the troubles moving Adrian! especially getting whacked in the head. sounds alot like my old roommate Brad's move to Huntington Beach from Boston. he hired movers and they put everything in storage for 2 weeks prior to the move. by the time they got his stuff to HB, all is furniture was gouged and his fragile pieces (dishes, glasses, etc) were broken.

good luck in Socal!!

Holy Crap!!!! I would go Postal on them.

Professionally speaking ... start to document every name and number you can remember from the Dallas store. Photograph and document every tear and broken Item. The more ammo you have the better ...

What a kick in the nuts, getting the hand truck like that .... If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all.

I hope it goes better for you ... :thumbs:

:withstupid: That's messed up. Glad you made it, and I hope they do the right thing for you.

Sorry to hear about that nightmare of a trip! I'm not sure exactly why you would want to move to the most one of the most expensive and crowded places in the nation but welcome to SoCal! :cheers: I can't wait to get out of here someday!