Babysitting Duty - Pierce Arrows

Stitches040

Hey all ... Well the Pierce-Arrow Society held their annual convention/meet/road rally in Williamstown, Ma this year.

The Pierce Arrow was one of the top of the line vehicles, ever offered.

So, we had an overnight detail, to babysit these cars. That way, nobody would mess with them. There were about 125 cars total ... ranging from about $20,000 - $1.5 million (This one was trailered in, and not driven) ... Needless to say, I spent two nights watching over these beautys ... They are Majestic, in their own way .... The photo's don't do the cars justice. Also, most of them are so big/tall/huge ... it will boggle you mind!!!!

And here they are .... (Finally downloaded the camera!!!)

100_0421.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0428.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0423.jpg

Talked with this guy ... From Ludlow, Ma ... His is worth $400k ... and absoluetly beautiful!!!!

100_0420.jpg

100_0427.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

This was an assigned detail or a side job???

Detail ... (Side Job throught the department and with all Police Powers) ... In Massachusetts, we have Paid Details. Mostley for construction, road work ... but sometimes you get something like this. And It pays nicely too!!!!! 4 hr/8 hr minimums ....

Something I read about the Pierce Arrow was that most of them did not have the name appear anywhere on the car. (Sort of like the Silverado SS doesn't say Chevrolet.) It was such a prestigious car, you were supposed to "know" what it was. Nice stuff!

Something I read about the Pierce Arrow was that most of them did not have the name appear anywhere on the car. (Sort of like the Silverado SS doesn't say Chevrolet.) It was such a prestigious car, you were supposed to "know" what it was. Nice stuff!

That is pretty cool, I did not know that. I'm more a 1950-60's classic car guy though...