Post Wash Pics

I dont have any grit guards yet, but I used the "Dylan" approach to the wash, wheels first, dont presoak, rinse the whole car, etc etc etc,...

below are pics of the after affects.. sorry no pre's. I also did do another ZAINO job on it just for grins.

you can KINDA see the swirls in some of the pics.. camera phone pics, sorry

post-5458-1190044338_thumb.jpg

Looks good... those swirls are pretty minor... you could buff those out real easily. How did the process go for you? How long did it take? Anything you'd suggest I add or take away from the writeup?? I always want feedback so I can make it better... sometimes its hard for me to write in terms everyone can understand since I do it so often.

well, i didnt have any APC lying around, so my black plastic in my front wheel wells looks horrible still. the rear wheel wells, whats the best way to get those clean? (maybe put a section on the best things to use to get fold up tonnau's clean? just thinkin here).

the process for me took about 3 hours. I was trying my best to follow your instructions, and i didnt have a polisher.. all done by hand.. my thighs were killin me for two days from all the stooping, etc.

oh. while im thinkin.. how the F do you get the BACK section of the rims clean without taking the rims off the truck? i see a bunch of grease, grit, break dust on the back.. ill take a pic at lunch.

i did do an ICE vs Zaino polish experiment. Zaino did win LOL

well, i didnt have any APC lying around, so my black plastic in my front wheel wells looks horrible still. the rear wheel wells, whats the best way to get those clean? (maybe put a section on the best things to use to get fold up tonnau's clean? just thinkin here).

For the rear wheel wells just use APC and a brush... nothing special. For the tonneau - is it vinyl??

the process for me took about 3 hours. I was trying my best to follow your instructions, and i didnt have a polisher.. all done by hand.. my thighs were killin me for two days from all the stooping, etc.

oh. while im thinkin.. how the F do you get the BACK section of the rims clean without taking the rims off the truck? i see a bunch of grease, grit, break dust on the back.. ill take a pic at lunch.

To clean the inside hoop of the wheels without taking them off you need a skinny bottle brush w/ a flexible shaft... something similar to this:

1050582_3a_1.jpg

Here’s another great wash tool from the brush experts at OXO. The ingenious OXO Good Grips® Spoke Brush is really five brushes in one. Say what? That’s right, mounted to the classic OXO rubber handle are four soft, nylon bottle brushes that are capped with a stiff scrub brush.

The genius of this brush is that it’s adjustable to nearly every wheel imaginable. Simply grab two legs of the bottle brush and pull to the desired shape and width. Sheer brilliance! This is the perfect brush for true spoke wire wheels and wheels with an intricate design.

i did do an ICE vs Zaino polish experiment. Zaino did win LOL

No surprises there.