What Kind Of Engine Is This?

CaliChevyV8

damn good call, how do you know all this stuff???

Four years of building demolition derby cars - the only thing we ran were big Chryslers, New Yorkers, Newports, Imperials, 300s, etc so I was intimately familiar with BB Dodges. I also built a few for friends, a 383 w/ 413 large valve heads, a couple 440s with 400 heads (great junkyard combo :thumbs:), even a couple 413s. One of my favorite engines of all time is the 413 used in the early 60's Imperial, I've seen a 35-year old 413 in a 2-dr Imperial which was silent underhood, I mean dead silent no noise at all except the alternator bearing. Anyways I could go on and on, one of the best real automotive educations I got was campaigning demolition derby cars, tons of great stories & good memories.

Mr. P. :)

CORRECT - 426 HEMI with mechanical fuel injection. The early Hemi had a rear-mounted distributor; you can also clearly see the oil pump and filter mounted on the front driver's-side of the block. Definitely 426 Hemi.

[/rainman]

Thank you, knew it was a 426 :thumbs:

CORRECT - 426 HEMI with mechanical fuel injection. The early Hemi had a rear-mounted distributor; you can also clearly see the oil pump and filter mounted on the front driver's-side of the block. Definitely 426 Hemi.

[/rainman]

Damn Mr.P you have an answer for everything lol,i was guessing injected hemi without the other good tidbits of info you provided,see you on saturday and i think it would make a bithchin poster hemi or not,old school shit is cool.BTW where are you getting the poster from i might want one? :thumbs: