Lebanon Valley '07 Pics

KJT13

Matt and Shuan - Again, thank you for your efforts in making this event happen. It was well organized, good turnout and a very friendly group. I am glad I was able to attend as I was introduced to some new faces.

The SSS group was a very well prepared group when it came to the food! Grill master Shuan makes a mean burger. :smash:

Yea, that was me. I ran a conservative tune and didn't "launch" off the line or the time would have been better. If I would have found a trailer prior to the event, I would have gone harder. My wife said if she had to come home in a rollback, she would ...well that's another story. :happysad: I am usually depressed with how my truck runs in 85*+ heat but it ran well considering.

Wait till the cold weather is here,.. :devil: I think a new Radix record will be set...

Krambo,

I unfortunately had to leave but wanted to thank you for the offer to log a run for me in my truck. It was a perfect oportunity but that track delay kind of screwed me. The short time that I was able to stay was still fun, having all those trucks at the valley shows a pretty cool chevy presense. The funny part is you know your truck to well, you told me you will run a 12.3 and that is exactly what you got. I never even got a chance to see all the runs you guys made, but looks like you all had a good time.

As far as next year, the only thing that was also a conflict on this past weekend was the Adirondack Balloon festival. Next year it is the 19th-21st and I am actually getting married on the Sept. 26th 2008 so that weekend is shot too. Could we try and make it september 13th, or October 4th? That way I can stay for more than one run.......... :shakehead:

So what was the total head count for the day? :chevrolet:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, thanks for the invite, Kdubbs thanks for letting me know about this meet. Next time I'll have to run with you guys, just wanted to get this 72" driveshaft high speed balanced too. Not sure what the wife would do if I called her a 2nd time to ask her to come pick me up because my driveshaft puked again!

Krambo,

I unfortunately had to leave but wanted to thank you for the offer to log a run for me in my truck. It was a perfect oportunity but that track delay kind of screwed me. The short time that I was able to stay was still fun, having all those trucks at the valley shows a pretty cool chevy presense. The funny part is you know your truck to well, you told me you will run a 12.3 and that is exactly what you got. I never even got a chance to see all the runs you guys made, but looks like you all had a good time.

We will hook up again, I am sure of it. Anyway, yea, I have my finger on the pulse of my truck. I actually have a spreadsheet of what I can expect with each flash and weather conditions which is VERY accurate for my application. I only did one run and that was my intent. If I trailered, I would have went balls out.

O.K. guys, I calculated the most probable DA (Densitiy Altitude) for the event which can give you all a good idea of what your trucks will run at at sea level under ideal conditions. The DA from 9AM to 5PM went from 1975ft to 2259ft. So by using this figure you can MULTIPLY your ET and MPH by the following factors to get your corrected times:

E.T you ran * 0.975 = your corrected E.T.

MPH you ran * 1.0260 = your corrected MPH

My case:

12.33 * 0.975 = 12.02175 E.T.

109.8 * 1.0260 = 112.6548 MPH

All in all, the DA wasn't that bad considering. For the guys that can make it to Englishtown NJ in say November, there are times where the DA is -2000! I have yet to get into anything better than around -600.

:cheers:

We will hook up again, I am sure of it. Anyway, yea, I have my finger on the pulse of my truck. I actually have a spreadsheet of what I can expect with each flash and weather conditions which is VERY accurate for my application. I only did one run and that was my intent. If I trailered, I would have went balls out.

O.K. guys, I calculated the most probable DA (Densitiy Altitude) for the event which can give you all a good idea of what your trucks will run at at sea level under ideal conditions. The DA from 9AM to 5PM went from 1975ft to 2259ft. So by using this figure you can MULTIPLY your ET and MPH by the following factors to get your corrected times:

E.T you ran * 0.975 = your corrected E.T.

MPH you ran * 1.0260 = your corrected MPH

My case:

12.33 * 0.975 = 12.02175 E.T.

109.8 * 1.0260 = 112.6548 MPH

All in all, the DA wasn't that bad considering. For the guys that can make it to Englishtown NJ in say November, there are times where the DA is -2000! I have yet to get into anything better than around -600.

:cheers:

Great info. :thumbs: Thanks, Kevin!

Thats awesome Kevin, using your formula I would have ran the 1/4 mile

in 14.42 @96.00mph. :chevrolet:

Now I really can't wait for a friday night at Island Dragway!! :P

Not my formula,...it is widely utilized by racing professionals to make tweeks to their set-up. Your projected mid 14's pass would be under ideal conditions barring any traction issues etc.

The formula involves 4 input values (Temperature, altitude, relevant pressure, and dew point) at the time you raced.

If you calculate the values at 2pm you get 2147ft. I couldn't find the exact track conditions so I used the next closest town. The values are 77*F, 600ft, 29.95 and 66.2. Enter them into this on-line calculator:

DA Calculator

Once you obtain your DA value, you can use the chart in this link to find the value to multiply your ET by:

Correction factor Table

What time did you run your best time? (it is on the the top of your slip) You can calculate your exact DA by searching wunderground.com for the exact weather conditions at the time of your run. I posted the worst DA of the day which was around 2PM-3PM.

I use the corrected values to determine how changes I made to my tune and truck stack up to previous changes. By doing this, I can eliminate the weather factor and really see if the changes made a difference. Pulling 3* of spark in my HI octane table makes a pretty large impact in performance. :ughdance: I did this when I did my run.

EDIT:

If you want to bypass the manual calculation, this on-line calculator does it all. Just supply the values:

Full on-line corrected ET calculator

Keep in mind that this is IDEAL conditions which are very difficult to attain. Traction, shift points, KR, mechanical issues all play into your overall E.T.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Not my formula,...it is widely utilized by racing professionals to make tweeks to their set-up. Your projected mid 14's pass would be under ideal conditions barring any traction issues etc.

The formula involves 4 input values (Temperature, altitude, relevant pressure, and dew point) at the time you raced.

If you calculate the values at 2pm you get 2147ft. I couldn't find the exact track conditions so I used the next closest town. The values are 77*F, 600ft, 29.95 and 66.2. Enter them into this on-line calculator:

DA Calculator

Once you obtain your DA value, you can use the chart in this link to find the value to multiply your ET by:

Correction factor Table

What time did you run your best time? (it is on the the top of your slip) You can calculate your exact DA by searching wunderground.com for the exact weather conditions at the time of your run. I posted the worst DA of the day which was around 2PM-3PM.

I use the corrected values to determine how changes I made to my tune and truck stack up to previous changes. By doing this, I can eliminate the weather factor and really see if the changes made a difference. Pulling 3* of spark in my HI octane table makes a pretty large impact in performance. :ughdance: I did this when I did my run.

EDIT:

If you want to bypass the manual calculation, this on-line calculator does it all. Just supply the values:

Full on-line corrected ET calculator

Keep in mind that this is IDEAL conditions which are very difficult to attain. Traction, shift points, KR, mechanical issues all play into your overall E.T.

My best time was during that worst DA period, from 2 to 3pm. I had all sorts of traction issues, Eric can attest to this. Using the calculators you just posted I could expect a low to mid 14 under perfect conditions.....cool! :thumbs:

My best time was during that worst DA period, from 2 to 3pm. I had all sorts of traction issues, Eric can attest to this. Using the calculators you just posted I could expect a low to mid 14 under perfect conditions.....cool! :thumbs:

:nono: Not until you get some 28" drag radials. :smoker:

Mr. P. :)

Traction issues ..nah....?? Even after sliding sideways you were still cookin in the 1/4. It was very cool burnin up the track however ! Still everyone ran great I think...despite the occasional red light here and there....red light ???did I say red light sorry! Slipped out..... Was a fun day for sure and was great to meet everyone there.

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm This a good site also for HP

This is the most comprehensive automotive calculator site I have found to date! I use it all of the time I should request to have this a sticky on this site:

Best Automotive Calculators Link

Here you all go ... for some reason, I can not upload Kodak Easyshare photos to the site ... Does anyone know how to correct this problem ... I had to host them on Photobucket instead.

Fronts

100_0469.jpg

Rears

100_0470.jpg

The Gang

100_0468.jpg

The Shot Heard Around the "World" - That is AWD vs. 2WD SSS world

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

AWD - Wins ....

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)