Gibson Super Truck Exhaust Systems?

TheGeorgiaKid

Has anyone here tried Gibson #65614 Super Truck side exit exhaust system on their SS? I just ordered it because it was the only bolt-on side exhast system I could find? I wanted a bolt-on system that was stainless steel & side exit & this was it. I guess my question is, how loud is it? Is it really loud in the cab or is it ok inside & loud outside. I hope I didn't screw up & order something that is going to make my ears ring all the time from in the cab. Also what about Gibsons direct bolt-on stainless steel headers for the SS? Thanks guys.

I've noticed on friends trucks that are around were I live that most have the same exhaust setup that the 6.0 engines are louder that the 5.3 engines. Seems like it to me. I want it to sound pretty loud outside, but not ring my ears inside the cab. What series Flowmaster did he change to & did he leave it side exit? My dad has a 2000 GMC 3500 with the 5.7 Vortec with a 50 series SUV performance muffler, we also have a 2003 Chevy 1500HD with the 6.0 that had the same muffler & it was MUCH louder than the GMC 5.7, we changed the 1500HD to a 70 big block series muffler & it is quieter than it was but still pretty loud when you punch it. Thanks.

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

here it is on a 6.0, not the best sound quality but the supertruck system is not that loud, i know that much. it might be a little throatier with longtubes though. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/567da79...874002c75c3.htm

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

I've noticed on friends trucks that are around were I live that most have the same exhaust setup that the 6.0 engines are louder that the 5.3 engines. Seems like it to me. I want it to sound pretty loud outside, but not ring my ears inside the cab. What series Flowmaster did he change to & did he leave it side exit? My dad has a 2000 GMC 3500 with the 5.7 Vortec with a 50 series SUV performance muffler, we also have a 2003 Chevy 1500HD with the 6.0 that had the same muffler & it was MUCH louder than the GMC 5.7, we changed the 1500HD to a 70 big block series muffler & it is quieter than it was but still pretty loud when you punch it. Thanks.

he has the original 40 series flows and he put them out the side and kept the gibson super truck tips, bad ass lookin tips IMO and the sound is amazing loud as shit outside and inside it rattled the back of the cab, he has JBA Shorties on it, when it's at WOT that thing screams

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

I had there extreme dual system it was pretty quiet so I just cut the cats off,put headers on, ran the gibson muffler and went to an shop to do me two tail pipes out the same side like the super truck system but had them point the tips down more sounds mean.

i want the gibson supertruck exhaust for my 03 ss because my flowmaster exhaust is rusted bad from who put it on before me. but i cant find the super truck exhaust formy truck. but if you guys say itll be alot quieter i dont want it......but you guys know where i can get it?

i want the gibson supertruck exhaust for my 03 ss because my flowmaster exhaust is rusted bad from who put it on before me. but i cant find the super truck exhaust formy truck. but if you guys say itll be alot quieter i dont want it......but you guys know where i can get it?

ccc 23, I just received my Gibson Super Truck Exhaust system. I got the #65614 stainless steel kit. I decided to go with a custom built cat-back system using a Super 40 Flowmaster, since Flowmaster doesn't make a bolt-on kit. If you are interested in my Gibson system I will sell it for exactly what I payed for it plus what it would cost to ship it to you. It's brand new just opened the box to look at it. It will save me having to ship it back & possibly paying a re-stocking fee. PM me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Let me know. Talk to you later.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't heard back if this setup is still for sale and 4 emails to gibson sales requesting info on this setup have been unanswered so I think I am just gonna buy a magnaflow muffler and some tips and have someone local fab it up for me.