Flowmaster Super 40

TheGeorgiaKid

I just posted below about the Gibson Super Truck Exhaust system. After listening to those sound clips. I'm thinking about returning it as soon as a get it, unless someone here wants it. It doesn't loud enough to me. I had thought & am back thinking about a dual in dual out Super 40 Flowmaster with the pipes turned out in front of the rear wheel? Has anyone tried the Super 40 on a SSS? Is it too loud inside the cab?

What kind of mufflers is chase04 running? I listened to his video on YouTube & really liked it.

Thanks.

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

alot of people on here love their super 40 mufflers. look around on the site and you will find a bunch of sound clips. but if i were you, i would look into the new super 44 mufflers. someone recently just posted a clip of it on their sss and it sounds mean as hell, better than the 40's i think. the only thing you will have to worry about is the in-cab drone.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

alot of people on here love their super 40 mufflers. look around on the site and you will find a bunch of sound clips. but if i were you, i would look into the new super 44 mufflers. someone recently just posted a clip of it on their sss and it sounds mean as hell, better than the 40's i think. the only thing you will have to worry about is the in-cab drone.

Is the in-cab drone worse on the Super 44's or the Super 40's? I don't want the drone to bee too bad. I thought about the Super 44, but they don't make a dual in dual out in the 44. I like the dual in dual out mufflers because it seems to eliminate the need for a H or X-pipe. I have used them before. I would love a stainless Flowmaster system, but they don't make a dual in dual out muffler in stainless just single in single out. Thanks.

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

I dont think drone will be too bad a problem since your not dumping the exhaust. IMO you should be fine with the 40's or 44's.

Brad, What mufflers are you running on your SS? I always liked the dual in dual out mufflers because they act like a H or X-pipe by equalizing the pressure & eliminating the drone.

Brad, What mufflers are you running on your SS? I always liked the dual in dual out mufflers because they act like a H or X-pipe by equalizing the pressure & eliminating the drone.

At the moment I am running dual flows dumped 40's. I love the sound but there is alot of cab noise but I like it. BUT this weekend just incase you missed the big thread about it I am doing a Radix,cam,LT install amongst other things and I'm removing my cats and will be removing the flows and going with a Corsa Sport with a cut out. I was given a killer deal and heard a sound clip and I'm in love with the sound it truly sounds sic.

At the moment I am running dual flows dumped 40's. I love the sound but there is alot of cab noise but I like it. BUT this weekend just incase you missed the big thread about it I am doing a Radix,cam,LT install amongst other things and I'm removing my cats and will be removing the flows and going with a Corsa Sport with a cut out. I was given a killer deal and heard a sound clip and I'm in love with the sound it truly sounds sic.
Can't wait to see/hear it when it's done.

super 40's arent very loud compared to just normal 40 series the supers have a larger casing. i had a set of dual supers on a 98 5.7 and it was very quiet until you had the pedal to the floor, and there was very little drone. 40's have lots of drone exspecially if you dump them, super 44's are the loudest by far and will create lots of drone if dumped. in general smaller casing= loud/drone

anything with LT's :thumbs: and no cats is going to be loud

:withstupid: i've got pacesetter LT's no cat's and duel super 40's and it really nice at idle and part throttle, but when you step on it... :devil:

super 40's arent very loud compared to just normal 40 series the supers have a larger casing. i had a set of dual supers on a 98 5.7 and it was very quiet until you had the pedal to the floor, and there was very little drone. 40's have lots of drone exspecially if you dump them, super 44's are the loudest by far and will create lots of drone if dumped. in general smaller casing= loud/drone

:withstupid:

Heres my thread about my Flowmaster Super 44 true duals dumped, I will have to say it is quite loud but I like it and there is alot of in cab drone. Read up on the thread and theres a sound clip at the bottom.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

im going with the super 40 sinlge in dual out muffler kicked out the side to give it the super truck look with the sound/performance of a magnaflow. exhaustman said it sounds real nice and seems to fit the truck nicely