New Idea

jballer323

im not a fan of painted to match lights unless they are black.

how ever with the stock lights being red youll have to shoot alot of silver on them to make them look good. when you paint tails you use mostly clear coat for the smoke or color match and make it like a candy color. if you were to go with a few light coats it might look ok but it also might re act with the red and make it look like some weird color somewhere in between. but if you go with more coats then you may have hard time with lighting. , it would be fun to experiment and see how it works. but id obtain a second set just in case.

It maybe the Law Enforcement in me ... But why would either Paint or Smoke tailights??? They are the lights that advise other operaters that you are slowing down or stopping!!! I don't know why you would want to hamper the other idiots on the road's, abiltiy to see you stop/brake. Drivers nowadays have a lot more distractions, and painting the tailights seems like a surefire way of getting rear-ended.

But on a side note ... I do like the look of the Smoked tails with the Black SSS's ... :devil:

i agree stiches, this is also another reason i got the led tails , with the led,s being so much brighter than the oe halogens even with the smoke they are still brighter than the stock lights. no to mention the red reflectors are stil visible within 200 ft so im all legit.

you can get the led style lights in clear. they dont look half bad either as long as they got some paint on em.

i agree stiches, this is also another reason i got the led tails , with the led,s being so much brighter than the oe halogens even with the smoke they are still brighter than the stock lights. no to mention the red reflectors are stil visible within 200 ft so im all legit.

you can get the led style lights in clear. they dont look half bad either as long as they got some paint on em.

Good point ... didn't even think about the LED's ....

im not a fan of painted to match lights unless they are black.

how ever with the stock lights being red youll have to shoot alot of silver on them to make them look good. when you paint tails you use mostly clear coat for the smoke or color match and make it like a candy color. if you were to go with a few light coats it might look ok but it also might re act with the red and make it look like some weird color somewhere in between. but if you go with more coats then you may have hard time with lighting. , it would be fun to experiment and see how it works. but id obtain a second set just in case.

:withstupid: perfectly stated. i think it would look like crap. you might as well just take the tail lights out and weld up the holes

that's the only reason I added a line of fire. my tails are visible, but I didn't want to get rear ended in the middle of the day by an elderly woman because she couldn't see me braking.

as far as silver, I think the black on silver combo would look far better. I'm not a fan of color matching everything.