Gaylord's Speedsturr Tonneau Cover

I'm wanting to put a Gaylord's Speedsturr Wing Tonneau Cover on my SS. I know I will have to take the stock tailgate cap off. My question is will the tailgate have the holes along the top for the bolt-on stock caps like the other trucks do? Can anyone post a pic or two of one they have done on their SS? Thanks.

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

actually you dont have to take the cap off for the gaylord. i dont know the answer to your other question im afraid.

I was told the tailgate cap had to be taken off for the Speedsturr wing opition, but not if you don't get the wing.

I think it should look like this without the cap.

speedsturrwinglid.jpg

For the speedstur wing you don't have to remove the cap the cover goes right over it...

best i got right now

DSC01809.jpg

Hazmat, Do you have a part number for your Gaylord's Speedsturr tonneau cover? Yours is exactly like what I want, it looks great! I want to keep the stock SS tailgate cover. I have the one that stands out not the smooth cap, which one do you have? Is it the X2000 series? Did you get a carpeted headliner? Thanks.

the front ends on my speedstur lid sit flush with the front of the bed, AND the back end lip slightly touches the ss tailgate cap. It took me some tweeking on the x2000 clamps and but i got it just how i like it. The speedstur bottom lip acutally flares out a little so its pretty much impossible to sit flush to the tailgate imho. i could be wrong though.