Need Silverado Ss Muffler.

DBN

I just bought an 04 SSS with 3400 miles on it. The original owner installed a Flowmaster muffler which I would like to replace with the factory unit. Do you have a factory muffler that you want to get rid of? Thanks. Danny.

i tried to sell mine for a long time with no luck. i had it for almost a year and trashed it a week ago knowing i could do nothing with it. bad timing man. you don't want the factory muffler anyhow. there's plenty of other mufflers you can go with that flow better than the stocker.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

i tried to sell mine for a long time with no luck. i had it for almost a year and trashed it a week ago knowing i could do nothing with it. bad timing man. you don't want the factory muffler anyhow. there's plenty of other mufflers you can go with that flow better than the stocker.

I hate to admit this but I guess if "It's too loud, I'm too old." I want the truck to be a little quiter. If I don't want the stock muffler, which muffler should I install to keep as much performance as possible but with a quite sound? thanks.

I hate to admit this but I guess if "It's too loud, I'm too old." I want the truck to be a little quiter. If I don't want the stock muffler, which muffler should I install to keep as much performance as possible but with a quite sound? thanks.

I like the saying "Walk softly and carry a big stick!". I didn't want much of a noise increase for mine but I wanted a dual out the back system so I went with the Flo-Pro 2504 muffler. It's not much louder than stock with minimal "cab drone or resonance". I've had mine on since Jan/05 and really like it. Flo-Pro makes a direct fit for the our trucks too, I think the part number is 2503.

Congrats on the new SS!