Dylan.. Need Another Question Answered

Well, I'll start by saying that Zaino products are pretty good across the board... I have yet to see a product of theres that wasn't good at what it was intended to do. Thats not to say they're all the best in a given category, but they'll always be good.

Now...the product itself, how do you intend to use this?? Are you going to be applying with a DA polisher?? By hand I think this stuff would just make a mess of your paint... you'd need the consistent speed and pattern of a polisher to effectively use it. B/C its an abrasive you'll be actually cutting the clear down so its something you'd use maybe 1-2 times per year ideally. Essentially this is a polishing compound with a cleaner wax built in so treat it as such...

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Theres a ton of ways to go about getting a PC, depends on what you want to do...

You can buy the PC by itself from a place like toolup.com pretty cheap and then buy the pads, plates, and supplies seperately. This can kind of suck b/c you'll be ordering from multiple places but it MIGHT save you money... you'll have to do the math.

Alternately you can buy a package deal from any number of detail places.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-82-porter-c...d-included.aspx

http://www.detailcity.com/porter-cable-lak...ishing-kit.html

thanks!

im just not sure WHAT pads to buy.. and how long can you use them before replacement?

i think they sell them at home depot, and my buddy works there.

I have never seen detailing pads sold at home depot, you might look into what they are selling.

Anyways, pads can be used for a good amount of time if you clean/maintain them after every use.

I am partial to the german durafoam pads (Adams or Edge products sell these) specifically Adams b/c they're 2 sided and can be used with a quick change adapter. Makes switching pads easy, never have to worry about centering, and the back side is foam, not a plastic plate, so theres no potential for accidentally damaging something if the back comes into contact with the bottom of your mirror or something.

Lake pads are the most popular and easiest to find so they're worth a look too, but they are one sided, and use a backing plate.

i dont think the pads are at home depot, but the PC is, i think

OH... yeah... they might carry the PC there... just make sure that you get it at a good enough price to justify buying the pads, backing plates, adapters, etc seperately.

im gonna check on it tomorrow. i dont know if home depot employees get a discount or not.. but i think if i buy the PC by itself, i can still buy the double sided pads, right?

also, it would be my first time using such a device, so i am a bit frightened about doing damage.

im gonna check on it tomorrow. i dont know if home depot employees get a discount or not.. but i think if i buy the PC by itself, i can still buy the double sided pads, right?

also, it would be my first time using such a device, so i am a bit frightened about doing damage.

in order to run the double sided pads you will need to get the QC adapter

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-53-german-2...ds-adapter.aspx

The DVD included with that package is pretty good at explaining the basics. Don't worry about damaging anything... a little common sense and taking your time will keep you from doing any real damage.