Need Opinions On Changing Up My Exhaust

Super Silverado

Alright, I have an '03 SS with Pacesetter LT's, true dual 3 inch exhast, dual 3 inch in/out cats and bullet mufflers, with dumped exhaust before the axle.

I like the volume, but I have mixed feelings on the actual sound. Its hard to explain, but I feel the sound is just too wild, like a wall of noise, too disorganized. Again, i love loud, but i wonder if I can get a better quality sound.

Would adding tips alter the sound for the best? Or would I be better off with a catback?

Open to all suggestions.

The "bullet"mufflers listed might be the problem.they don't really absorb the right freq of the exhaust.I imagine a loud cracking not raspy tuned sound.Had similiar mufflers on a tpi 350 set up with short exhaust and really hated it.did'nt sound tuned at all.longer muffs with stainless material will soften it up and keep the side dump look which is kool.JMHO.

put in an xpipe upstream and either run the pipes further back or add tips. that should make it sound more refined.

N00b question, what is the function of the x pipe, how does it effect performance and sound, and how much does it typically cost to fab one up?

N00b question, what is the function of the x pipe, how does it effect performance and sound, and how much does it typically cost to fab one up?

an xpipe equals exahust pulses to help negate that unequal raspy sound you can sometimes get. no need to fab, you just buy one for whatever size diameter pipe your running and put it in front of your mufflers.

im running twin bullets and an xpipe and its worlds quieter than my last two setups.

an xpipe equals exahust pulses to help negate that unequal raspy sound you can sometimes get. no need to fab, you just buy one for whatever size diameter pipe your running and put it in front of your mufflers.

im running twin bullets and an xpipe and its worlds quieter than my last two setups.

So I need something like this?:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...10&D=308110

this is what im using. unless youve totally rerouted your exhaust i dont think that other style will work.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Not re-routed, but the exhaust was built from scratch, looks like a good deal of fabing is needed to get an x-pipe onto my system.