Which Hawk Pads?

Ross

I'm replacing the stock pads on my 03 AWD SS and I want to get a set of hawk pads. I've used other performance pads before on my yukon but Im not familiar with Hawks lineup.

Which should I get?

I see they have ceramic, hp superduty, lts, and hps....any insight would be great.

I've looked at their website but usually first hand experience is much better bc they dont tell you how hard they actually are on rotors and how much dust they cause.

Thanks in advance

well bottom line, the HPS will stop better than the ceramic. The trade off, slightly more dust, possible noise. I have noticed with some other ceramic pads by other brands tend to crack. This may have to do with how those brands retain heat, I dont really know. I have not however had this problem with hawk ceramic pads.

*side note*

Be sure to bed the pads properly. Ive seen to many pads go south because they were just put on and run.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

well bottom line, the HPS will stop better than the ceramic. The trade off, slightly more dust, possible noise. I have noticed with some other ceramic pads by other brands tend to crack. This may have to do with how those brands retain heat, I dont really know. I have not however had this problem with hawk ceramic pads.

*side note*

Be sure to bed the pads properly. Ive seen to many pads go south because they were just put on and run.

Will do!! :flag::flag: (Any part numbers for an 05 right off your head?) :chevy:

Thanks for the info. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm getting a new set of Baer cross-drilled/slotted rotors that are the same size as stock so the pads will mate well with them from the start. I did the same thing on my lifted Yukon with performance friction pads and had great results so we'll see.

TruckinSS05 - go to Summit racing online and just do a search by your vehicle ...thats where I'm planning on ordering mine from.