Hot Rod Power Tour

SS_bnoon_SS

I just picked up the Nov issue and they had the schedule for next year in there.

Power Tour schedule for 2008

June 7th Little Rock, AR

8th Springfield, MO

9th Topeka, KS

10th Lincoln, NE

11th Ames, IA

12th Rochester, MN

13-14th Madison, WI

I've been wanting to go for years, and since it's coming right through my area I've decided that next year is the year. Does anyone from here plan to go long haul, or at least meet up on one or two of the cruise nights?

Plan on going again. Fourth time. I 've done one long haul, almost another long haul, and just a couple stops. It's a blast, get to meet a lot of nice people, see lots of cool cars and places you might not otherwise see. That's a good enough reason for me to go.

Unfortunately, it has been mostly midwest routes as population density keeps it in the middle of the country (according to Hot Rod and GM) and finding large enough venues to host it. A buddy of mine did 2006 from Florida to New Jersey and said it was pretty good until you got up around Jersey/ Pennsylvania. He said the traffic and congestion was unbelievable, lots of cars on the shoulder overheated. They hit town during afternoon rush hour. They did get to see Washington D.C. and New York City :thumbs:

Besides, it's about the journey, not the destination. It's a great time. You won't regret it :driving: