Painting Questions

After years of driving, the truck as accumulated a lot of minor scratches and paint chips. Ive tried touch up paint but we all know how great that works... and i am no artist by any means.. If I was to get these fixed at a shop, would they have to respray the whole damaged body part? or would they isolate the damage n work on the particular spot? Here's what i need done:

Front bumper cover: 5-7 rock chips and 2 small scratches. Plus i want to remove plate bracket n get the holes filled n painted. (I'm assuming the whole bumper would need to be resprayed)

Tonneau cover: there is one chip on the very tip of the speedstur wing where i accidentally dropped the power washer "gun" :banghead:. its prolly half an inch in diameter. I think i know the answer to this, but will they have to respray the WHOLE lid for the small part?

also how much will this all cost, together and separate?

TIA

Having a good shop fill the nicks with touchup paint and polish them works pretty well......you will still see them a little up close and personal, but a competent body shop should be able to perform this no problem, and it will probably cost you $100 or so. In your case since you are gonna remove the LP bracket I would just sand and respray the whole bumper...........they could probably do a spot repair on your tonneau too, they can blend the fresh sprayed area with the old paint, will probably cost $300 or so to complete :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

i would bite the bullitt and have the entire front bumper taken care of including shaving the hole. as for the tonneau, i have had very very good results by mixing the paint code with some clear and touching up then a little wet sanding.

I hit a deer with my front bumper - no body work was required, the sanding/prep/repaint cost $400.

Mr. P. :)

AND - if you can wait, take it in during Dec/Jan/Feb because most auto shops are starving for work then and you are likely to get a good deal especially if you can pay cash if ya know what I mean.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ok screw the cover, imma just try some touch up paint, its barely noticeable anyway and i just took a look again and its not even 1/4 of an inch big..

Being up here in alaska, i'm guessing body shops are gonna be busy due to all the winter accidents... i could be wrong though.