We're Back In Black.

misterp

Glad to hear the good news Steve! I hope she stays together for a while this time. What pan did you switch to? I want to switch to a racing-deep pan but I'm undecided. Thanks! :thumbs:

It's the factory GM C5 deep sump pan, WORKS GREAT has an extended 2" fluid pickup and guarantees that the pump will not cavitate on high G-loads. About $100 for the pan, another $35 for the filter from Mr. Goodwrench. The part nums are posted around here somewhere. I've been learing auto painting fundamentals from Sprayed99, and since I had the brand new pan decided what the hell it would be a good piece to learn on so I primed it, block sanded, etc and D. shot the color and clear coats, so now I have a beautiful black tranny pan that matches the truck. I figured any transmission that's got $5-grand in it should have a painted pan :lol: and if I screwed it up hey it would be bolted on the bottom of the truck (!) but it came out stunning.

Mr. P.