Attn: California Drivers

bgdsub72

The bumper does not come pre-drilled, the dealer does that. The painted to match bracket is usually on the back seat/floor, at least mine was.

I didn't get a bracket with my truck. It was some event vehicle (found that out one day when they told me my warranty is up 3 months before I thought) and maybe that's why I didn't get one.

It's kind of funny that all three of my street motorcycles don't have any problems being on public roads without a front license plate, so why does my truck need to have one? I have never had a front plate on my 2003 Lightning and have not been pulled over for it yet. About ten years ago I was driving my Z/28 Camaro that had a black and silver front plate that read CAMARO and was pulled over for that, but was let go with a warning that I needed to put the correct one back on, which I had in the back seat floor well. I think trucks and cars look much cleaner without them. If anyone gets pulled over for it ask the officer nicely why motorcycles don't need them on the front................. :jester:

IMG_3443.jpg

good point about the motorcycles.

Maybe we could get some one to lobby for this. call it somthing like a vanity bill. Say we pay and extra fee each year when we register. In return we get no front plate, and maybe front tint.

Only reason why I bring up paying a little more tax, is you all know as well as I do, ya dont get crap from the law makers for free.