Island Dragway Friday 11/9/07

krambo add me to the list for island drag

12secss-e.mack

Dan is organizing this however I am sure he will add ya in! Glad to see that you are on the site,...I guess this is an official "Welcome to the Forum!" I am sure MANY would like to hear about your truck (as well as getting your times on the FTL). Look forward to seeing ya again. By the way, I found your card this weekend, it was in my tuning laptop bag :banghead: Guess I don't have to call ya now :idiot:

Did you participate in Island's Pick-Up truck Challenge this year? I looked at the pictures and did see an SSS however it didn't look like yours. Wonder who that was. :dunno: I didn't do go, had some other obligations. Maybe next year.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely, list has been updated. :chevy: Kevin this seems like it going to be bigger than I thought! :P
There is anther new guy tat may Show up I PMed him and told him about that meet
Kevin do you know if we will need helmets?? :confused:
Don is going and he as two helments :thumbs:

Kevin do you know if we will need helmets?? :confused:

YES! EVERYONE will need helmets. They have to be the appropriate SNELL rating as well. They rent helmets there for like $5 or $10 so no worries. Anyone that has a supercharger / Turbo / Nitrous needs a 1 layer fire jacket as well. They are real harsh on this as well as no alcohol (unless you use it as fuel), no sharing of vehicles unless you both drivers have been teched in (wrist bracelet).

Everyone should pass tech with no issues. On a Friday, it is real quick. Most of the time, I don't even open my hood. Just be sure you have all of your lug nuts on and no crap in the bed.

Looking forward to it!!!

Nice work Mark! A good tuner is worth his weight in gold :smash: It may be just out of your reach however, Island Dragway gives 100MPH notarized certificates to anyone that can trap 100MPH in a street driven vehicle. Its a nice memento to hang on the wall of the garage! I have my 105 and 110 cert,...looking for my 115 :devil:

If you get alot of wheel spin off the line and through the 330ft mark, 100 may just be within reach. If you stick, i would expect your MPH number lower.

Anyone have a good digital camera they can bring and video my run? I am either going to blow up or run my best time to date and want to get it captured on vid. :ughdance:

Meeting spot,...I am trying to take the day off of work and set the truck up (spring clamps, tires) and get in some things around the house like hopefully the last grass cutting of the year. Keep us posted if there is actually a meeting spot. To those who haven't been to island, the "driveway" back to the track is VERY easy to miss. I will post some landmarks when the date gets closer.

...Looking forward to this :devil:

Anyone have a good digital camera they can bring and video my run? I am either going to blow up or run my best time to date and want to get it captured on vid. :ughdance:

Meeting spot,...I am trying to take the day off of work and set the truck up (spring clamps, tires) and get in some things around the house like hopefully the last grass cutting of the year. Keep us posted if there is actually a meeting spot. To those who haven't been to island, the "driveway" back to the track is VERY easy to miss. I will post some landmarks when the date gets closer.

...Looking forward to this :devil:

Nice ........ I'm planing on having that my lst week off .......... So I should be off lol My Father is also off he is lookin forword on going

taking a half a day off from work, will probably head there around 2:00pm to beat traffic, gonna have to kill time somehow runroom.gif

I can't wait another 2 weeks, the suspense is killing me wicked.gif

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I just mapquested this track to see how far it is from my house, and WOW it's only 30-40 mins from me! Hell yea!

I think majority of you will be passing by my house/town to get to this track - so if any of you would like to meet up at or near my house and convoy to the track together that would be cool. Just lemme know. :)

I have a good digital for full picture and video. We'll make sure and get the fastest run or explosion(hopefully not).

also, I'm going to jet in friday afternoon and stay over night into saturday. My uncle's 85th birthday party is on saturday in Riverhead long island, NY. Any good recomendations for lodging??

also, I'm going to jet in friday afternoon and stay over night into saturday. My uncle's 85th birthday party is on saturday in Riverhead long island, NY. Any good recomendations for lodging??

Hey you will be east of where I am.........you can follow me back on the island that evening if you want. :driving: How close to Riverhead do you want to stay? There are a few good hotels in my area, the Islandia Marriot, the Bohemia Hilton Garden Inn, and the Marriot Courtyard in Ronkonkoma. Riverhead is 25-30 miles east of me. :chevy: