who was it????????????

02denali

well i never got to go up next to him but did go up next to a blue ss. dont think he knew much about his own truck tho. kinda made me sad.

i beat him the first time and he came back after the run and said he was spinning off the line and wanted to know if i wanted to run again, so i said what the hell. we lined up again and he was trying to do a burnout before staging. :eek: . anyways he finally staged and when the it was time to go he red lighted got about a half a truck length on me and by the end of the track(1/4 mile) i had gained what i lost and put another 3/4 of a length on him. said he had a Predator programmer and exhaust and an air filter. claimed to run 14.60's also.

not nocking the SS but this guy was an Idiot. I dont even think he knew it was allwheel drive. :rolleyes:

but that red one did look fast. i talked to him breifly and he said he had no idea what he ran, he had just had the radix put on.

nice truck thunder. :thumbs:

hey thanks alot. since they didnt have an SS when i bought mine im trying to get as close as i can without stepping over a line. I like the SS not only because of their herritage but their looks to. I like a truck to be all one color,( no chrome). i just think i looks better

fa0064d3.jpg

Speaking of that - have any of you guys tried to do a burnout at all, or do you just roll through the waterbox and begine to stage? Would it be just a waste to even try you think? I know if I get all four of my tires wet, lighting them up would not be hard at all. Just curious what you guys have been doing.

Speaking of that - have any of you guys tried to do a burnout at all, or do you just roll through the waterbox and begine to stage? Would it be just a waste to even try you think? I know if I get all four of my tires wet, lighting them up would not be hard at all. Just curious what you guys have been doing.

rolled around the waterbox. I figure all wheel drive driven by heat. Ummm, burnout, no way.

But I gotta admit, I like the way the SS squats when it launches and at each gear change!!!

Mine in its almost stock form i drive right through the water box. I powerbraked her and got a slight chirp from the rear tires before the front grabbed. Not enough ponies under the hood yet for me to avoid the water box. Ben.... it may not be worth it for you to heat up your tires but man i bet you would drive the crowd wild if you did. If mine was capable of doing it i would do it atleast one time every trip to the track just to wake up the sleeping L drivers. :D

The bad thing about the spins that I have done in light moisture is, the truck wants to start fishtailing pretty bad. If there's a good amount of moisture, it will do a good spin, but you have to really watch it when it finally grips. I have not tried it enough to perfect.

that is a problem with using a viscous coupler, it will send more power to one set of wheels than another under extreme load. you can actually do a burnout with just the rear wheels with a syclone without much work.

Archived