Killed A F150 Harley Davidson

JSTAL

my bro has the HD Supercharged. when i was stock i could take him at the line (AWD) then he marchs past me....and on the highway forget it, the Blue Ovals Just have a better top end, but now that im blown its no contest.....hey remind me isnt this

SILVERADO SS .com haha, just busting em Showtime...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of those weak ass superchargers on my 5.4, want to give me a try? The H-D only had a supercharger option form something like 2001-2003. The H-D's without them were dogs, so you should have won. Sounds like you need to run a real one hot rod.
well saturday in cowtown fort worth i raced a truck just like ur and he barely pulled away his rear bumper never passed my door soooo it wont be a huge victory for u u will just be a little confused as to why the naturally aspirated chevy LS not a ss gave u a good run and this f150 hd was supercharged or he just had a noisy ass power steering pump

Supercharged Lightning's were made from 1999-2004, so your wrong about the first one. And I'm not sure how many tons of trucks your talking about but I'm game to run a few. I'm not the one bad mouthing supercharged 5.4 trucks like the person that doesn't know what a supercharged H-D runs like.
whooaaaa dude the sc'ed HD had very little psi not even close to a lighning and this is SILVERADOSS.COM dont come on here telling me not to talk shit about a ford especially when my LS chevy beats one go back to fordlightning.com or where ever u came from and cry on ur pillow

Yeah ya might wanna watch what ya say(type)....Showtime has a pretty rowdy truck and puts down some mean times. You would have to hace some pretty serious mods to hang with him......I'm just saying.....

yes thats all fine and dandy and kudos to the guy with the lightning they are nice trucks but he came on the silverado forum to i guess "set me straight" when i simply stated i took a HD and HD's have a very mild supercharger and it got beat. i dont give a rats flying ass about a lightning i leave my reciever hitch out just to be a good samaritan to guys with fords lol anyway and if he wants a race fine ill breakout my 03 duramax crew cab oneton and wipe up the track with that ford

yes thats all fine and dandy and kudos to the guy with the lightning they are nice trucks but he came on the silverado forum to i guess "set me straight" when i simply stated i took a HD and HD's have a very mild supercharger and it got beat. i dont give a rats flying ass about a lightning i leave my reciever hitch out just to be a good samaritan to guys with fords lol anyway and if he wants a race fine ill breakout my 03 duramax crew cab oneton and wipe up the track with that ford

relax bud. showtime isnt here to ruffle anyone's feather's. he's a good guy and not all HD"s are blown. I don't doubt at all you beat a blown HD in your truck with an LQ4 transplate.

ok, dude just chill out. no one is here to attack you or brag. showtime said those things because you had a little bit of cockyness in your first post. first off, they dont have little weak blowers..... i make upper 550+ whp with my little weak blower lol :thumbs: i think this thread needs some cold hard facts to calm everyone down.......

some ford info:

99-04 Ford Lightning 5.4 L SC was produced. in 99 and 00 they had different heads, and programming as well. this prevented a fair ammount of power, and these lightnings will not make the same HP a 01-04 will (if you put a smaller pulley on each, the gains would be minimal on the 99-00). i know this because i work on my fair share of lightnings and harleys, especially on the dyno.

when the HD was first released, it was an EC. it looked different (headlights, grille, etc) and WASNT blown. i believe it ran a 9.5 0-60 and lets not even go there with the 1/4 mile. then ford released the crew cab, supercharged HD. its hp was rated less than the lightning, for only a simple reason- larger blower pulley and obviously different programming. they did this to raise the towing capacity and they figured more people would be buying the HD to tow and whatnot (reduce warranty claims, mainly for trannies lol). so change the pulley, throw a diablosport tuner on, and your a little more HP than a lightning already. they do tend to run slower, obviously because they are heavier.

had a customer with a 99 lighting- 2.79 pulley, diablosport tuner, afco heat exchanger, k&n CAI, accufab single blade TB, bassani cat-back, bbk shortie headers, no cats. the truck runs a 13.4 in the 1/4, (on nitto 555Rs) and 360 whp. my buddy has an 03 HD, same exact mods, except he has cats and at the time of these runs no TB. he made 390 whp and like 420+ wtq (cant remember exactly), and runs the 1/4 in 13.1 with a tranny that takes almost a full second to shift at WOT (its done for). HOWEVER, stock, a 99-00 lightning, n/a HD will 99% get their asses kicked by lightly modded 2wd 6.0 chevys. fairly modded (all the bolt-ons) will usually hang with or sometimes take a stock SC HD and 99-00 lightning. you most likely ran one of those two, both undoubtedly blown

whooaaaa dude the sc'ed HD had very little psi not even close to a lighning and this is SILVERADOSS.COM dont come on here telling me not to talk shit about a ford especially when my LS chevy beats one go back to fordlightning.com or where ever u came from and cry on ur pillow

Sorry if you don't like what I said, but I've been a member here for over a year and a half and you've been a member here not even a month? The last time I heard it was alright for other brands of trucks to come here and shoot the shit, are you a new moderator or something? I'm not going to cry on any pillow because of anything you have to say to me. Where I come from if someone says something that needs a little clarification we speak up. And over at FordLightning.com the members bust the balls of young punks that come on and talk shit about other trucks that ain't true. I'm sure there are plenty of members here that have trucks that are faster than mine, but I'm pretty sure your not one of them.............. :cheers:

ok, dude just chill out. no one is here to attack you or brag. showtime said those things because you had a little bit of cockyness in your first post. first off, they dont have little weak blowers..... i make upper 550+ whp with my little weak blower lol :thumbs: i think this thread needs some cold hard facts to calm everyone down.......

some ford info:

99-04 Ford Lightning 5.4 L SC was produced. in 99 and 00 they had different heads, and programming as well. this prevented a fair ammount of power, and these lightnings will not make the same HP a 01-04 will (if you put a smaller pulley on each, the gains would be minimal on the 99-00). i know this because i work on my fair share of lightnings and harleys, especially on the dyno.

when the HD was first released, it was an EC. it looked different (headlights, grille, etc) and WASNT blown. i believe it ran a 9.5 0-60 and lets not even go there with the 1/4 mile. then ford released the crew cab, supercharged HD. its hp was rated less than the lightning, for only a simple reason- larger blower pulley and obviously different programming. they did this to raise the towing capacity and they figured more people would be buying the HD to tow and whatnot (reduce warranty claims, mainly for trannies lol). so change the pulley, throw a diablosport tuner on, and your a little more HP than a lightning already. they do tend to run slower, obviously because they are heavier.

had a customer with a 99 lighting- 2.79 pulley, diablosport tuner, afco heat exchanger, k&n CAI, accufab single blade TB, bassani cat-back, bbk shortie headers, no cats. the truck runs a 13.4 in the 1/4, (on nitto 555Rs) and 360 whp. my buddy has an 03 HD, same exact mods, except he has cats and at the time of these runs no TB. he made 390 whp and like 420+ wtq (cant remember exactly), and runs the 1/4 in 13.1 with a tranny that takes almost a full second to shift at WOT (its done for). HOWEVER, stock, a 99-00 lightning, n/a HD will 99% get their asses kicked by lightly modded 2wd 6.0 chevys. fairly modded (all the bolt-ons) will usually hang with or sometimes take a stock SC HD and 99-00 lightning. you most likely ran one of those two, both undoubtedly blown

Well then im sure this truck had to be blwon that i raced. Because there is no way in hell im slower than a 9.5 second to 60 truck lol

Well then im sure this truck had to be blwon that i raced. Because there is no way in hell im slower than a 9.5 second to 60 truck lol

The supercharged H-D's were only 6 psi and rated at 340 hp. If I remember right, they only ran 0-60 in something like 6.1 seconds.

Sounds about right then for me to be 3-3.5 lengths behind.

Still a Ford though.

I know, I've been a Chevy guy my whole life. My truck is the first Ford I've ever owned, or wanted. I just wish Chevy would throw a 427 ci engine in a regular cab and give the other trucks a run for their money, and then I would be back in one........ :jester:

Sorry if you don't like what I said, but I've been a member here for over a year and a half and you've been a member here not even a month? The last time I heard it was alright for other brands of trucks to come here and shoot the shit, are you a new moderator or something? I'm not going to cry on any pillow because of anything you have to say to me. Where I come from if someone says something that needs a little clarification we speak up. And over at FordLightning.com the members bust the balls of young punks that come on and talk shit about other trucks that ain't true. I'm sure there are plenty of members here that have trucks that are faster than mine, but I'm pretty sure your not one of them.............. :cheers:

For one trying to correct what i said is not shooting the shit. I said the weakass superchargers on the hds sucked. that is the statement you needed to correct for some reason. Well reading further you said the hds only made 6psi well where i come from that is in the "weakass" category. I never bashed yours or anyones lightning i honestly believe they are pretty stought trucks. I dont care how long you have been a member of SilveradoSS.com, i dont play he was here first games, you drive a Ford. So dont correct a chevy owner on a chevy site. I came here stated a victory on a chevy site and your correction was out of line, wrong and unessesary. I will admit i was a bit fired up and uncivil, but dont reply calling me a young punk talkin shit. Where i come from we dont bust balls we just beat asses. Nothing i said was untrue i beat a F150 Hd crew cab with a low output 6.0 only mods are longtubes FIPK and Diablo sport tune. You dont see me on lightning.com because i have no interest its not my turf i dont own a ford so its not my place to be there. Its called respect. Member for a long time or not dont come to a chevy site running ur mouth because technically that makes you the young punk.