New Best Still Not Good Enough

CNE

OK, so my new girlfriend was a total track virgin, we went last night and she loved it. She is hooked. She also had never driven my truck before. I finally talked her into making a pass with me in the truck. She did it then made a solo pass, beating my previous best LOL!! However, I did redeam myself with a new best not much better than hers though. The 13's are calling my name but have been just out of reach. Here are the times.

Her best

RT - .581

60ft - 2.1

1/8th - 9.07

1/4 - 14.21

MPH - 93.84

My best

RT - .534

60ft - 1.9

1/8th - 9.04

1/4 - 14.17

MPH - 94.12

She is already asking if she can make a pass once I put on the N2O. I am having KR off the line. If I can fix that, I will be in the 13's, I'm sure. I am pulling 7 degrees timing out of the hole. I think the PCM is mistaking the exhaust (long tubes with no cats) for spark knock. My tuner said he could make it less sensitive to KR, I just need to get together with him. 12's are waiting for me with the N2O but I set a goal of 13's with no spray. I'll keep you posted.

:lol: very funny! Yeah life is so much better when your gf is a hard-driver! :driving:

CNE- I dunno man, my truck with *stock* motor, outlaw, corsa, TCS 2800, transgo, Vette servo, and centerline 20's ran a 14.25@91 - there's GOT to be a lot more in your combo :dunno: I wouldn't put any gas on it until you get the timing issue figured out, with what you've got I would think 13.8-13.9 more likely. For sure get the timing looked at again. My $0.02.

Mr. P.

And I ran the z-pack 3-4 clutch, it is a terrible piece, expect trouble with it; mine dudn't just slip or burn, it melted down.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Thanks Mr.P. I won't do anything until I get the timing right. I ran almost as fast with the stock cam, stock tune and a TB converter. I know the KR is killing it off the line. It is stronger on the street from a roll than it is going down the track. With the KR pulling the timing, it pretty much stays retarded the whole run. I am really considering getting someone else to tune it instead of taking it back to the guy that did it. He has already adjusted once, but I can't seem to get him to the track like we had discussed for some logged runs and track tuning. As far as the Zpack clutches, So far so good. I have all Zpack clutches and a Kevlar band with a Transgo kit. I don't know what will happen with the juice but I guess I'll find out. I'm gonna run it til it breaks. I am a GM technician, so it ain't like it's a big deal to fix it.

CNE- I dunno man, my truck with *stock* motor, outlaw, corsa, TCS 2800, transgo, Vette servo, and centerline 20's ran a 14.25@91 - there's GOT to be a lot more in your combo :dunno: I wouldn't put any gas on it until you get the timing issue figured out, with what you've got I would think 13.8-13.9 more likely. For sure get the timing looked at again. My $0.02.

Mr. P.

I agree w/ you MR.P, there is alot more there. I ran my best of 14.33 w/ tune, cat-back,cai, and 160*stat. CNE, you are cammed w/ long tube, you should easily run 13.7-13.8.

Man I am in your same boat!! I beat Bob47 (stock w/tune) by a .10 and I have a cam and converter.

Zippy has been great, the last time he redid my VE table and the truck runs great. fixed alot of the driving issues.

I believe he did change the sensitivity of my knock sensors b/c my 918 were sounding like knock. Where we left off was my converter is not stalling like it was when it was put in...but you have 3200???

I know my truck feels way faster at speed higher than I trap @ so I know this cam is getting more power, just past the finish line:)

getting thew 60' under 2.0 is where I am focusing on now...read drop trans and get new converter, yikes it's gonna take some time to convince the wife.