Corsa And Dynatech

xlr82sxs

i'm about to purchase my dynatechs and i'm thinking about getting a new exhaust.. i like the way corsa sounds with lt's, because i've heard it in person but i'm not sure what i'll need to get it to work with dynatechs and or-y pipe. because i believe the dynatech or-y you need a dual in muffler.. correct me if i'm wrong?

anyone know what i can do to run both the dynatechs/or-y with a corsa catback?

i'm about to purchase my dynatechs and i'm thinking about getting a new exhaust.. i like the way corsa sounds with lt's, because i've heard it in person but i'm not sure what i'll need to get it to work with dynatechs and or-y pipe. because i believe the dynatech or-y you need a dual in muffler.. correct me if i'm wrong?

I dont know if this helps at all but when me and Danny did my Pacesetter and Y-pipe install used his Corsa Sport off his 5.3L and since we used the 5.3L exhaust set up it all bolted right up with out any fab work.

i'm not getting the y-pipe with the converters, i'm getting their offroad pipe, which i believe is actually 2 seperate pipes that do not connect to each other.

unless their offroad pipe for the 5.3 is different? anyone?

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

i'm not getting the y-pipe with the converters, i'm getting their offroad pipe, which i believe is actually 2 seperate pipes that do not connect to each other.

unless their offroad pipe for the 5.3 is different? anyone?

If the off-road pipes are indeed 2 separate pipes then order the Corsa for the LQ9; if the off-road pipes are actually a single y-pipe then order the Corsa for the 5.3L.

Mr. P.

I have dynatech's and corsa set up on my ss it sounds great as far as putting them on my truck came with them. It looks like they fit right up with not much work. Has a very loud and good sound like nothing else around here thats why i got this truck. The only thing bad is everyone tells me my ss is to loud oh thats right just bad for them i love it. Go for it and get them.

Your truck is an SS with an LQ9 6.0 liter, right?

You have the Corsa exhaust for the SS, right?

You bought the Dynatech headers with the offroad kit for the SS, right?

If all this is true, then they should fit together like a glove.

Or am I missing something?

Mike

Your truck is an SS with an LQ9 6.0 liter, right?

You have the Corsa exhaust for the SS, right?

You bought the Dynatech headers with the offroad kit for the SS, right?

If all this is true, then they should fit together like a glove.

Or am I missing something?

Mike

i have no idea on the fitment but his is a 5.3 if it matters.

i have no idea on the fitment but his is a 5.3 if it matters.

So he has a 5.3 in his truck, and has the Corsa system for the 5.3, but bought the Dynatech stuff for a 6.0? If this is true, I am not sure if the headers will work...will they?

I believe the 5.3 Y-pipe is just that. A Y-pipe.

This is true. The 5.3 system joins into one pipe after the cats, but before the muffler. The 6.0 system stays two separate pipes all the way to the muffler.

What all does he have?

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

So he has a 5.3 in his truck, and has the Corsa system for the 5.3, but bought the Dynatech stuff for a 6.0? If this is true, I am not sure if the headers will work...will they?

This is true. The 5.3 system joins into one pipe after the cats, but before the muffler. The 6.0 system stays two separate pipes all the way to the muffler.

What all does he have?

Mike

i have a 5.3. i just purchased my corsa sport for a 5.3 system last night. i'm about to make my purchase on the dynatech headers through tbyrnes gp, but when i look at the pictures of dynatech's or-y, it's two seperate pieces, which wouldn't fit the corsa i purchased.

or am i just going crazy and looking at the 6.0 system and they don't have the 5.3 y-pipe WITHOUT cats pictured anywhere? i would assume i'm just looking at the wrong pipe and they don't have the 5.3 or-y pictured..

If you have the 5.3 and purchased the Corsa for the 5.3, then you want the Dynatech SuperMAXX system for the 5.3. Here is what it looks like:

cgmc_11.jpg

If you ordered the off-road kit, it will have the same routing but will not have cats.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

If you have the 5.3 and purchased the Corsa for the 5.3, then you want the Dynatech SuperMAXX system for the 5.3. Here is what it looks like:

cgmc_11.jpg

If you ordered the off-road kit, it will have the same routing but will not have cats.

Mike

good deal.. thanks a lot for the clarification! that's all i needed to know. :thumbs:

brad