I Think It's Time

kaotik1

Not many cars turn out to be great investments, even those that increase in value over time. In terms of a return, you will usually do much better with investing the money elsewhere. On the other hand, then you can't enjoy the truck. My opinion is that you better enjoy it because you won't get much of a return on investment.

So you saying our trucks will not be worth anything in years to come? I always thought they would be a collecters item in the future.

I would say no. Our trucks listed for what, 38k-43k new, something in that ball park. The list on mine was $41,400 (didn't pay that) So does anyone honestly think that someday they will ever get that or more to sell theres?

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's time to finally put my truck up for sale, and move on to something else. My only problem is I don't know what I should ask for it. Here is a list of all that is done, that I can think of. I would like it all to go at once and not have to break it up (just don't have the time)

2003 awd with 38k black

Exterior-

Reflexxions cowl hood

carriage works billet grill powdercoated black chrome

Extang full tilt bed cover

factory bed liner

Brake and suspension-

Belltech lowering spindles up front

Belltech lowering leaf packs in the rear

Belltech nitro shocks

Bear Alumasports calpiers with 2pc front rotors up front

Bear Alumasport calipers with one piece rotor in the rear

Earl's braided brake lines (5pc) kit

Interior-

Clarion Vrx935-VD DVD/mp3/cd player Flip out touch screen

JBL pb-1200.1 amplifier

Alpine Type-r 12 inch subwoofer with fiberglass enclosure no seat spacers

Playstation2 with wireless controller

Bolt-ons-

Zippy Tune

K&N cold air intake powdercaoted black chrome

magnaflow catback dual in single out (stainless)

ASM headers(long tube) heat treated titanium color(not installed)

cross over pipe with high flow cats, to match up to the factory exhaust (heat treated black)(not installed)

Pictures of the truck are here

I would say no. Our trucks listed for what, 38k-43k new, something in that ball park. The list on mine was $41,400 (didn't pay that) So does anyone honestly think that someday they will ever get that or more to sell theres?

I dunno, we'll see. All I can say is that I like my truck and the longest I go without a compliment from a stranger is 2-3 weeks. So yeah I think these trucks have real appeal and it's all just a question of when; take a successful collectible like the GNX, it rebounded at about 5-8 years of age, in the case of these trucks it'll be more like 30-40 years and then they'll be worth something but yeah nothing like an exotic by any means.

Mr. P.

Well I am posting to see what people have an interest in as far as my parts go. If I can get enough sold(pending sales) I will take time off from work to strip it to stock. So here is the run down. Prices do not include shipping unless stated.

2003 awd with 38k black

Exterior-

Reflexxions cowl hood-$400(pending sale)

carriage works billet grill powdercoated black chrome-$100

Extang full tilt bed cover-$150

factory bed liner

Brake and suspension-

Belltech lowering spindles up front

Belltech lowering leaf packs in the rear

Belltech nitro shocks

I would like to sell the fronts with the rears and not have to break it all up. So if you want fronts try and find a buddy who wants the rears or vice versa please.

Bear Alumasports calpiers with 2pc front rotors up front- $2000 shipped(fronts and rears w/lines)

Bear Alumasport calipers with one piece rotor in the rear

Earl's braided brake lines (5pc) kit

Interior-

Clarion Vrx935-VD DVD/mp3/cd player Flip out touch screen

JBL pb-1200.1 amplifier

Alpine Type-r 12 inch subwoofer with fiberglass enclosure no seat spacers

Playstation2 with wireless controller

Bolt-ons-

Zippy Tune

K&N cold air intake powdercaoted black chrome-$100

magnaflow catback dual in single out (stainless)-$300(pending sale)

ASM headers(long tube) heat treated titanium color(not installed)-$1200(pending sale)

cross over pipe with high flow cats, to match up to the factory exhaust (heat treated black)(not installed)

Pictures of the truck are here