Mobil-1 M1-206 Tall Oil Filter

misterp

For those that buy and use premium oil filters, I rifled through the oil filter section at OReilley's last night and found the M1-206 fits LS1's and is 1/2-again taller than the stubby M1-107 called for in the book. I figure hey since they are both the same price may as well get the larger capacity filter, it works too I had 50-psi oil pressure at idle with Mobile-1 5W-30. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, i though that was common knowledge. I've been using the m1-206 filter for two years. Good post though as i'm sure many people didn't know about it. After all, if mr. p didn't know, i'm sure there are many others.

damn, i though that was common knowledge. I've been using the m1-206 filter for two years. Good post though as i'm sure many people didn't know about it. After all, if mr. p didn't know, i'm sure there are many others.

:withstupid:

it is the filter for the vette.

tell us more about the mobil 1, I have a case in the garage and I think the caps are grey the same as the bottle???whats up with that.

Just throwing this out there as well, not trying to thread jack Mr. P, but you guys are using the mobil 1 with the gold cap right? if not, your not getting the "good" mobile 1 and wasting your money.

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

:withstupid:

it is the filter for the vette.

tell us more about the mobil 1, I have a case in the garage and I think the caps are grey the same as the bottle???whats up with that.

all the tests you see, all the hype you read, its all done using the 15,000 mile extended performance "gold cap" mobile 1. all the other mobile 1 oil is not the "good stuff". i don't know all the technical stuff behind it, do a search on the net, you'll find more info than you ever wanted to find on this subject. bottom line, if your not using the gold cap mobile one, you might as well just be using any other company's off the shelf synthetic oil. I myself no longer use mobile 1, i switched to royal purple. I still use either mobile 1 or k&n filters.

all the tests you see, all the hype you read, its all done using the 15,000 mile extended performance "gold cap" mobile 1. all the other mobile 1 oil is not the "good stuff". i don't know all the technical stuff behind it, do a search on the net, you'll find more info than you ever wanted to find on this subject. bottom line, if your not using the gold cap mobile one, you might as well just be using any other company's off the shelf synthetic oil. I myself no longer use mobile 1, i switched to royal purple. I still use either mobile 1 or k&n filters.

Interesting... but oil debates are like color debates--almost everyone gets nowhere, fast... Mobile One, even in the "regular" gray cap is better than any non-synth oil out there, and more than exemplary if we change our oil with any kind of regularity. I never let my oil get older than 3000 miles, but I commute with my truck. Even so, I would never feel comfortable taking any oil past 5000 miles. But that's just me. At that frequent an oil change interval, even conventional oils would be more than sufficient...

As a side note, the last time I changed my oil, I went with Shell Rotella (Full sytnth, 5w40)... It's cheap at Walmart in the gallon bottle, and I've heard nothing but good things about Rotella. I run Mobile One in every other vehicle I own.

Just my .02...

Interesting... but oil debates are like color debates--almost everyone gets nowhere, fast... Mobile One, even in the "regular" gray cap is better than any non-synth oil out there, and more than exemplary if we change our oil with any kind of regularity. I never let my oil get older than 3000 miles, but I commute with my truck. Even so, I would never feel comfortable taking any oil past 5000 miles. But that's just me. At that frequent an oil change interval, even conventional oils would be more than sufficient...

As a side note, the last time I changed my oil, I went with Shell Rotella (Full sytnth, 5w40)... It's cheap at Walmart in the gallon bottle, and I've heard nothing but good things about Rotella. I run Mobile One in every other vehicle I own.

Just my .02...

I agree, oil debates or useless and never get anywhere. However, i'm just pointing out that in all the oil analasys and debates you see/read on the net, the mobile 1 oil in question is the gold cap, not there lower line of synthetic oil.

I agree, oil debates or useless and never get anywhere. However, i'm just pointing out that in all the oil analasys and debates you see/read on the net, the mobile 1 oil in question is the gold cap, not there lower line of synthetic oil.

well IMO its the same thing but the mobil 1 syn is to be changed at 3k mi where as mobile 1 syn gold cap is engineered for 15k mi oil changes...my .02 cents