New Camaro

peteleonardo

There's talk on the Camaro5 forum about how GM was considering a mid-year '09 release date but that there would be state registration issues just like in '67. Therefore, early spring of '09 for the coupe, 2010 for the SS and the convertible.

The DIG induction system is a really interesting idea. They're saying it could create an engine rated at 450 horsepower but getting 30+ MPG. We'll see. As far as mods...where there's fuel and fire there must be oxygen. I say a blower that can jam as much air as possible into that bad boy should put the power band through the roof. The turbo guys are probably going to love it. :devil:

Dad says tooling to be built july-sept of 08 and production to start nov.-dec timeframe. They wont hit showrooms until feb-mar of 09 as a late 09 model with limited runs. The SS is due out in 2010. I personally would recommend waiting for the SS in 2010 as the first camaros are going to get snatched up for higher than msrp pricing more than likely like the new mustangs did....you know...people with too much money paying $60k for a $35k mustang...I hoep it doesnt happen, but it probably will.

cool.

i plan to trade my current camaro in for the next gen if i dont find a used c6 z06 by then. but i wont settle for anything less than ss, id guess since it will be so late into the production they will give it the ls7 or better.

I have a feeling (and its only a feeling as I have no facts) by the time the camaro gets here, the LSx family may be on its last legs and being phased out. There could quite possibly be a complete new engine family by then, especially with an all new C7 corvette planned for 2011-2012 release.