Picture Of The Sun From My Backyard

zanis520

just a little background info. i am at least 15 miles away from any fire and this is how bad the sky is. the picture was taken at 4 pm, when the sky usually is bright blue. sorry my neighbors house and antenna is in the way

IMG_1539.jpg

i saw NASA photos on the news this morning and from the time they started to 3 hrs later was amazing. then the difference between then and yesterday morning and then again this morning.

Once again, good luck to everyone!!! Hope you're all safe!!!

I shot these pictures yesterday... keep in mind that these are in Rancho Cucamonga... no where near any of the actual fires... but as late as yesterday afternoon the winds were carrying ash and even the occasional glowing ember from the other fires to us... outside right now everything is just covered in a fine layer of soot and ash

From my place, looking towards the mountains... this is a little after noon... the smoke is so thick it makes it look overcast:

image0001.jpg

image0002.jpg

Top of Daycreek Blvd (a couple miles from my house) looking back towards the valley

image0004.jpg

Towards the foothills

image0003.jpg

This is at about 5:45pm from the parking lot at work... this is a whole 20-30 minutes PRIOR to the sunset... the street lights were already coming on b/c it was so dark

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

image0007.jpg

image0008.jpg

image0009.jpg