Trading In My Slow Truck For An Ss

mlp1500

I am new to this site and am hoping you guys could help. Don't laugh but I currently own a 2000 Silverado 1500 with a 4.3 V6. Slow Slow Slow!!! I even wasted the money and bought several bolt-ons including a flowmaster exhaust, k&n cold air intake, poweraid throttle body spacer, hypertech programmer, etc.... What a waste!!! I Want power! So I finally paid off my truck and found a 2004 black ss with 47000 miles on it. All I need is some pros and cons of Getting one of these great looking trucks. I already know the gas mileage will be a lot worse the my little no go but who cares, right. I want this truck so I can finally keep up with those HEMI boys. I am a Chevy guy for life. Please help.

I am new to this site and am hoping you guys could help. Don't laugh but I currently own a 2000 Silverado 1500 with a 4.3 V6. Slow Slow Slow!!! I even wasted the money and bought several bolt-ons including a flowmaster exhaust, k&n cold air intake, poweraid throttle body spacer, hypertech programmer, etc.... What a waste!!! I Want power! So I finally paid off my truck and found a 2004 black ss with 47000 miles on it. All I need is some pros and cons of Getting one of these great looking trucks. I already know the gas mileage will be a lot worse the my little no go but who cares, right. I want this truck so I can finally keep up with those HEMI boys. I am a Chevy guy for life. Please help.

welcome.gifnewbie.gif

The only con I can think of is an empty wallet, trust me the mod bug will get you like your last truck. :chevy: Get ready to smash the piggy bank. :smash:

My advice to you is to not jump on the first immediate SS you see. I had been in the hunt for about a year until I found one 3hrs away that was a great price with great mileage in EXCELLENT condition. I bought mine stock but look around and can find many that are modded for the same price that I paid for mine stock, however my mileage was lower. Just dont jump on the first one you see because you might look back later and say, damn I paid too much. As for the mod bug..HAHA thats why were all on here. Good luck in your search

well first welcome to the site

our trucks are great and they respond very well to simple bolt-ons but SSSmoke is right dont just jump on the first one u find give ur self some time and be patient and u'll find the right one

i think the only con is the steering shaft besides that i havent heard of anything else that goes bad....

:crackup::banghead:

oh yeah meet Chase, our resident PIGGY BANK/TRANSMISSION breaker... :crackup:

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

My advice to you is to not jump on the first immediate SS you see. I had been in the hunt for about a year until I found one 3hrs away that was a great price with great mileage in EXCELLENT condition. I bought mine stock but look around and can find many that are modded for the same price that I paid for mine stock, however my mileage was lower. Just dont jump on the first one you see because you might look back later and say, damn I paid too much. As for the mod bug..HAHA thats why were all on here. Good luck in your search

:withstupid: dont jump on the first ss u find. if its in great condition and u love it get it but if ne thing at all is not right with the truck do not get it.. there are at least 5 trucks a month for sale in the for sale wanted forum.. and yes when u get one of these trucks there wont be going to any thing else. all my money and time goes into this truck and i cant stop!

to be honest i wish i would have not bought my ss 6 months after they came out, there is some good deals around so do some shopping and save your self some money, oh yeah and don't spend all your money making your truck look pretty (i hope) like i did, now all i wish i has done was gone for engine mods.... dammit

you'll love the truck and like everyone said the mod bug will get you. I lved how my stock SSS performed and looked until i joined this site..lol Just look at my sig and you can see the cash flow..

:withstupid: I was a complete idiot and bought my SSS at the dealership shortly after they came out. What a waste of money! There are several great deals on this site and elsewhere for some great trucks. I absolutely love my truck and I try not to pay attention to the payment and all of the money I've spent on it. At the track, I get more attention with my 14 second truck than some of the most expensive, fast , and nicest vehicles around. It's really amazing but people love these things. You'll be happy you have one when you get it. Good Luck and welcome to the club! :thumbs:

Yup, they are highly expensive trucks, only get one if you're willing to throw money at it... you'll eventally put enough money in the truck, that you could have bought a house with.

Or a new vette doh :banghead: Take your time and find the one that's what you want. Don't settle for the 1st SS you see. I must have looked at mine for 3-6 months before calling about it. I say go with performance mods first. That's what I did. Now I've added a few exterior mods and it's a new truck all over again. :cheers:

I own two a black one that is my beast and the blue one that has nothing done to it and i mean nothing. I always wanted a SS So I was stupid and bought 2 from the dealership. But i wouldn't trade them for anything. Even the girlfriend takes back seat to them. Just remember to get into alot of fights and learn how to ignore the "better half" :crackup: :crackup: . Now just waiting for the new maro to come out so i can get 1 of those. :chevy: for life