2006 Hood On A 2003?

I want the new style ss hood on my 2003....

Is it a direct replacement?

Can I use my grille or do I need the new style one also?

Maybe dumb questions but I'm sure other have done this. Thanks in advance

How come you want to change out your hood? I think that the 06 hood looks much better and makes the truck more arressive. Just my 2 cents.

I don't like the '06-'07 style as much as the '03-'05, just doesn't look right on an SS, IMHO.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

it won't work... there's no way to do it... you'd be crazy to try... um, yeah, nobody has ever done it before... especially nobody posting in this thread... :jester:

Did I mention that it will look stupid?

Edited by AdioSS (see edit history)

:nono: The only difference in the front end from '05 to '06 was the hood and grill shell itself, everything else stayed the same......if you look at my first post I stated every part you will need to convert to an '06 hood. As long as you change the grill shell along with the hood it should fit. Oh and yes an '06 hood with the '05 grill does look pretty stupid. :ughdance:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

:nono: The only difference in the front end from '05 to '06 was the hood and grill shell itself, everything else stayed the same......if you look at my first post I stated every part you will need to convert to an '06 hood. As long as you change the grill shell along with the hood it should fit. Oh and yes an '06 hood with the '05 grill does look pretty stupid. :ughdance:

Oh, I know! I've NEVER tried putting an 06 grille on with my stock orange 05 hood and noticed that the hood hits the grille. And then I did NOT swap my 05 grille back on and put a black 06 hood on. It's not like there are any clearance issues.... Because that would look stupid and nobody would complement the look. And I would never, ever click on the underlined parts of my previous post... :lol:

Or would I?

MAYBE I took several measurements between 05 and 06 model trucks to see if there were any differences, and then MAYBE I DID put an 06 hood on my 05 truck...